I'm sorry but I have to agree...

Started by Herb., June 27, 2015, 08:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

I mean, I'm happy we have rights as gays. And no longer have to fly to a specific state in order to get married. Yay. But as I watch black gays on Facebook taking shots, tipping glasses, celebrating America, fresh off the heels of a racially motivated mass murder in a black church....

I can't get myself to join in on all the hoopla. We really have bigger things to tackle, or at least think about, as African Americans, before we begin the festivities for smaller stuff. This is great for the white gay community -- not only do they not have to deal with racism, but they're able to marry anywhere now! Whoo! :cheerup: hehe! wow yay!

Now let's get back to business. :raycharles2urmess:

BigDawg

Which is why this gay marriage move is cute to me, but much bigger fish to fry.

Bulldagger

June 27, 2015, 09:05:57 AM #3 Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:07:10 AM by Audiophile
So Justin getting dragged is now racially motivated? Fill me in, Herb.

MelMel

your are taking your conversion to the Old Blacks very seriously my bby

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

wait Sis! I just

Bless you, bless you :stressed:

Herb.

Quote from: MelMel on June 27, 2015, 09:55:29 AM
your are taking your conversion to the Old Blacks very seriously my bby
There's no other way to take it :stressed:

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: Audiophile on June 27, 2015, 09:05:57 AM

Yeah, I'm not seeing what Puff's son has to do with anything....

Herb.

Quote from: Skegee Girl on June 27, 2015, 11:44:03 AM
Quote from: Audiophile on June 27, 2015, 09:05:57 AM

Yeah, I'm not seeing what Puff's son has to do with anything....
What the hell are you two talking about

Herb.

Oh, if you're addressing some of the things said in the meme, I wouldn't know about that. The two things that stuck out to me were the church event as well as the pool party. And details aside, generally just in alignment with the statement being made. I don't know where the other two things about football and mess came from.

yummy

I mean, you can literally do that about anything :dead:

"omg why are you still having your birthday party when all those people got killed in that church???"

vnnnnd

Herb.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on June 27, 2015, 11:50:45 AM
I mean, you can literally do that about anything :dead:

"omg why are you still having your birthday party when all those people got killed in that church???"

vnnnnd
:dead: :dead: :dead:

It's not about ignoring a celebration of something to me.
I'm totally on board with gay equality, gay rights, and I'm very happy to know that the validity of these unions are now legally solidified on a larger scale.
But it's a bit harder for me to raise a glass knowing that gay marriage equality is only such a small percentage of things that will immediately affect me as an African American male.

It's not about going around my office asking everyone "Why the fuck r u smiling today when black people got killed last week? :fuming: "

That would be ignorant. It's more like, alright guys, cool. Gay marriage is legal across the country. Woo! Yay. Ok. Now about the real tea we need to be dealing with.....  :sobusyjetsetter:

brocka4life

Sometimes people should just a win as a win. There will always be opportunity to look at the glass as half empty.