ugh. love it

Started by Herb., June 28, 2015, 01:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDawg

I truthfully don't think about being gay anymore than someone who is straight thinks about being heterosexual, it's such a small part of my life that it doesn't move me one way or the other.

Herb.

June 28, 2015, 02:09:05 PM #16 Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:10:53 PM by Herb.
Quote from: BigDawg on June 28, 2015, 02:06:22 PM
I truthfully don't think about being gay anymore than someone who is straight thinks about being heterosexual, it's such a small part of my life that it doesn't move me one way or the other.
There's a lot more to think about when you're a gay man, regardless.

You were just telling us issues you were having at work with coworkers who found you on a gay dating app. You feared that them telling others about your sexuality would create an undesirable environment for you at work. A straight man wouldn't have to worry about anyone telling people he's straight. lol.

I agree that a pride flag should never define your entire being, but don't underestimate or sleep on how much of a part your sexual identity plays in your life.

Herb.

June 28, 2015, 02:09:23 PM #17 Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:10:08 PM by Herb.
edit , reposted accidentally

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: Herb. on June 28, 2015, 02:06:04 PM
Why did you edit your post? :everythingok:
n

Bvy I didn't like how insensitive it was about the gay movement.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: Herb. on June 28, 2015, 02:05:48 PM
Quote from: ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ on June 28, 2015, 02:01:00 PM
:ohwow:
I'm on the same page with you tbh.

But this was posted yesterday in response to all the hoopla over the gay marriage mess.

I say it's how I feel because part of me is glad things are moving forward with the recognition and legal alignment with the idea that a relationship between two men can definitely transcend lust. That is what I am happy about on that end.

On the other hand , I'm like OK cool now that's done with, back to more important mess. :receipts: I feel this image perfectly represented that.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All we really needed was the legality of being married everything else was set in stone. White gays are still held to a higher standard than black ones.

Treasure

June 28, 2015, 02:13:17 PM #20 Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:13:41 PM by Chao
suma u queer niglets jus fckin kill me

placin one of ur minority r'ports 'bove anoth'
they r still UR RIGHTS

BigDawg

Quote from: Herb. on June 28, 2015, 02:09:05 PM

You were just telling us issues you were having at work with coworkers who found you on a gay dating app. You feared that them telling others about your sexuality would create an undesirable environment for you at work.

I agree that a pride flag should never define your entire being, but don't underestimate or sleep on how much of a part your sexual identity plays in your life.

I mean when it comes to my coin, I'll cut ya...so yea I was ready to snatch that fag up.

But I'm just sayin you will not catch me with rainbow paraphernalia, in a gay club, or tipping in a pride parade...because being gay doesn't define me.

k Fro'

:supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv:

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

What's wrong with going to gay clubs :everythingok: also I don't get the whole "gay doesn't define me" ideal. I mean duh but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be proud of who you are. I don't attend pride events either but I don't knock them. Shit I like gay men so I'm going where the dick is at the end of the day.

Treasure

i see where may n 'dawg were comin frm tho

but i means...'least i can b shot at by pastey cops at my same sex weddin now

BigDawg

Quote from: ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ on June 28, 2015, 02:18:53 PM
What's wrong with going to gay clubs :everythingok: also I don't get the whole "gay doesn't define me" ideal. I mean duh but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be proud of who you are. I don't attend pride events either but I don't knock them. Shit I like gay men so I'm going where the dick is at the end of the day.

Im not knocking any of those things. I am well aware I am a gay black man, but I don't have to go to pride or gay clubs to prove that.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: BigDawg on June 28, 2015, 02:20:23 PM

Im not knocking any of those things. I am well aware I am a gay black man, but I don't have to go to pride or gay clubs to prove that.

I was just rambling lol but boy anytime I hear someone say that I began to wonder wtf is really the T :dead:

Herb.

Quote from: BigDawg on June 28, 2015, 02:15:09 PM

You were just telling us issues you were having at work with coworkers who found you on a gay dating app. You feared that them telling others about your sexuality would create an undesirable environment for you at work.

I mean when it comes to my coin, I'll cut ya...so yea I was ready to snatch that fag up.

But I'm just sayin you will not catch me with rainbow paraphernalia, in a gay club, or tipping in a pride parade...because being gay doesn't define me.

k Fro'

:supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv: :supluv:
Exactly. You felt as if your sexuality, and the exposure thereof may have had some bearing on your employment. This is why it's important that steps are made to combat ignorance in regard to homosexuality, as a whole. Some people consider your sexual preference a "lifestyle", whether you're actively involved in pride activities, waving flags, or not. Is that not ignorant?

They feel as if you blatantly choose to live this "lifestyle". You naturally are attracted to women, but you want to lay down with a man instead. For the hell of it! :cheerup:

I get what you're saying 'awg, trust me. I'm mostly on the same page with you. I don't go out to work wearing a flag on my head. I don't go to the gay clubs either. I am very reserved at work and never discuss my sexuality, or dating, or anything. I GET you. We're here >>><<<. But let's not get too crazy and start comparing ourselves to straight men.

The more awareness that is spread, the more ignorance that is cured, the less you'd have to worry about being shifted off of payroll, living in the Bible Belt of the south, because someone dislikes your "lifestyle".

#endrant

BigDawg

Quote from: ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ on June 28, 2015, 02:22:01 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on June 28, 2015, 02:20:23 PM

I was just rambling lol but boy anytime I hear someone say that I began to wonder wtf is really the T :dead:

:dead:

BigDawg

Quote from: Herb. on June 28, 2015, 02:23:20 PM

k Fro'

Exactly. You felt as if your sexuality, and the exposure thereof may have had some bearing on your employment. This is why it's important that steps are made to combat ignorance in regard to homosexuality, as a whole. Some people consider your sexual preference a "lifestyle", whether you're actively involved in pride activities, waving flags, or not. Is that not ignorant?

They feel as if you blatantly choose to live this "lifestyle". You naturally are attracted to women, but you want to lay down with a man instead. For the hell of it! :cheerup:

I get what you're saying 'awg, trust me. I'm mostly on the same page with you. I don't go out to work wearing a flag on my head. I don't go to the gay clubs either. I am very reserved at work and never discuss my sexuality, or dating, or anything. I GET you. We're here >>><<<. But let's not get too crazy and start comparing ourselves to straight men.

The more awareness that is spread, the more ignorance that is cured, the less you'd have to worry about being shifted off of payroll, living in the Bible Belt of the south, because someone dislikes your "lifestyle".

#endrant

I hear you, believe me I do and I get it, to an extent.

Herb.

Quote from: BigDawg on June 28, 2015, 02:29:20 PM
Quote from: Herb. on June 28, 2015, 02:23:20 PM

k Fro'

#endrant

I hear you, believe me I do and I get it, to an extent.
we'll meet halfway. :traciandchelle: