Disclosure continue their winning streak with Lion Babe assisted "Hourglass."

Started by JRocka, September 10, 2015, 06:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRocka

QuoteEverything we've heard from Disclosure's forthcoming sophomore album 'Caracal' has been nothing short of exceptionally good dance music and "Hourglass" with NYC duo Lion Babe is no different at all.

The song is an almost five-and-a-half minute late-night house adventure and the between the infectious beat, hopping synths and piano groove, the instrumental treads the fine line between sounding distinctly current and a pure '90s throwback. The dance breakdown after the chorus is indicative of everything Disclosure do so well - a throbbing bass line with minimal percussion just shouldn't be as effective as it quite clearly is here.

Lion Babe utilize Jillian Hervey's Tina Turner-esque soulful vocals expertly and the melody on the verses similarly borrows from the golden era of house.

All things considered, it's a brilliantly minimal effort from Disclosure and does nothing to dampen our excitement for 'Caracal,' due out on September 25th.

this is giving me life...and Lionbabe are doing pretty good for themselves  :stressed:

whatever

AIDS!

I want them to work with Brandy too
And for Azaelia to leak that song she did with them

JRocka

Quote from: Dorobucci on September 10, 2015, 06:49:03 PM

!!! i'm sure Bran would slay with them.....i totally forgot about that azealia track

AIDS!

Quote from: JRocka on September 10, 2015, 06:50:28 PM
Quote from: Dorobucci on September 10, 2015, 06:49:03 PM

!!! i'm sure Bran would slay with them.....i totally forgot about that azealia track
Marys 'Right Now' and Sams 'Omen'

pop

I just want them to stay away from Mary cause Right Now and Follow was just okay songs,,,