Brandy playing Roxie Hart (Chicago)starting April 4th in D.C.

Started by dntunvme2, February 23, 2017, 02:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

I AM LOVING THIS.

If sis took over Broadway (mainly) for the remainder of her career, I'd be happy.
BRANDY

HUGO

Those going up are probably the same ones going up for My Kitchen Rules

:plea:

BranLover

I was gonna fume, but I think I get where she's coming from so I'm not mad. But if she wants to make Broadway a part of the rest of her career, she should at least look into other roles besides Roxie.

Harlem

Quote from: TAE! on February 23, 2017, 10:45:18 PM
I was gonna fume, but I think I get where she's coming from so I'm not mad. But if she wants to make Broadway a part of the rest of her career, she should at least look into other roles besides Roxie.

!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be more exciting for us and her resume if she kept booking other roles... Roxie again is kinda like ur not challenging urself to tap into a new character and continue growing... I think she's playing it safe for the checks which is cool but move on sis

BranLover

Quote from: Harlem on February 23, 2017, 10:47:52 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be more exciting for us and her resume if she kept booking other roles... Roxie again is kinda like ur not challenging urself to tap into a new character and continue growing... I think she's playing it safe for the checks which is cool but move on sis

!!! That's a good point. Just hope she doesn't challenge herself again until after this album lol. At least this Roxie stint isn't that long.

brocka4life

February 23, 2017, 10:58:10 PM #51 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 11:00:29 PM by brocka4life

Who's to say she hasn't auditioned for or sought other roles? She has auditioned for movies in recent years, she's just  hasn't booked them. Could be the same thing with Broadway.

Harlem

Ur right! But the Roxie role is a little too repetitive and safe at this point IMO

But get ur bread Queen

Rxxf

Quote from: RIGS on February 23, 2017, 08:45:21 PM
she's gonna do this for as long as she can in her career, so i dont see the big deal. it wont effect music either way

if music doesn't come its because of Brandy, not 2 weeks every now and then of Roxie :dead: plus i like how she takes
care of her voice for broadway. It'll lend itself well to the new music
BRANDY

Rxxf

Doing Roxie will keep her connected... I'm sure someone will create a role for her or ask her to do something in the future

Love her on Broadway
She's the BEST on THAT stage
BRANDY

DrewBabyLove

February 24, 2017, 12:30:44 AM #55 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:27:45 AM by KingDrewLove
If you haven't seen her on Broadway, you are missing out!  She belongs there honestly. I hope she makes a career out of theater. I don't think I've ever seen so much talent radiating from her then when I saw her in NY. It was amazing. Ill be at the DC show!

b7

Quote from: Harlem on February 23, 2017, 10:47:52 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!

its a little early to assume that she's settling for this tho

Angel In Disguise

Got my tickets, too.

What is really fun about going is being around people that are not "Brandy fans" witnessing Brandy's talent for the first time.  On top of that, it's actually a funny show.

It's just two weeks, guys. This will have nothing to do with whether or not we get new music this year.

Jon