Networks are kinda THROWING shows at blk people now huh?

Started by Vonc2002, March 23, 2017, 06:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Lance Gross And Laverne Cox in New ABC show

QuoteSleepy Hollow alum Lance Gross has booked a series regular role opposite Meaghan Rath in The Trustee, ABC?s comedic one-hour pilot from The Smurfs writers Jay Scherick and David Ronn,

Written by Scherick and Ronn and directed by Michael Engler, The Trustee is described as a fun, female buddy cop comedy about Eliza Radley (Rath), a driven but stubborn detective who finds unlikely help from her precinct?s trustee, a larger-than-life ex-con (Cox) finishing out her prison sentence doing menial tasks for the police department.

Larenz Tate also lands an ABC Pilot

QuoteGame of Silence and House of Lies alum Larenz Tate is set as the male lead opposite Allison Miller in the ABC drama pilot Salamander.

Written by Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg and directed by Gary Fleder, Salamander centers on Ethan (Tate), a brilliant but misanthropic engineer who recruits a skeptical Homeland Security psychiatrist, Nora (Miller), to help him track a mysterious bank robber whose theft of 66 specific safety deposit boxes, belonging to the elite and powerful, sets in motion a series of blackmails that might be linked to a greater conspiracy.

USA?s Biggie and Tupac True Crime Series Casts Luke James, Aisha Hinds, LeToya Luckett

QuoteUSA?s anthology series ?Unsolved: The Murders of Biggie and Tupac? is rounding out its cast.

Luke James will play Sean ?Puffy? Combs, the founder of label Bad Boy Records. James, who most recently appeared in BET?s successful miniseries ?The New Edition Story,? is a two-time Grammy nominee. He is repped byICM Partners and JME Management.

Aisha Hinds has been cast as Voletta Wallace, Smalls? mom. Wallace talked to her son every day before his death and, ever since, has never stopped seeking justice. Hinds can currently be seen on WGN America?s ?Underground? as Harriet Tubman, as well as Fox?s limited series ?Shots Fired.? She is repped by Greene & Associates Talent Agency.

LeToya Luckett will play Sharitha Golden, the estranged wife of Death Row records CEO Suge Knight and seemingly one of the only people at the time not intimidated by him in 1997. Luckett has recurred on Fox?s ?Rosewood? and HBO?s ?Ballers,? and co-wrote classics ?Bills, Bills, Bills? and ?Say My Name? as an original member of Destiny?s Child; her third album is set for a 2017 release. She is represented by ICM Partners, Vincent Cirrincione Associates and Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher, LLP.

The trio joins the previously announced cast of Marcc Rose (playing Tupac Shakur), Wavyy Jonez (playing Christopher ?Biggie Smalls? Wallace), Bokeem Woodbine, Josh Duhamel, and Jimmi Simpson.

?Unsolved? is based on the experiences of former LAPD Detective Greg Kading (Duhamel), who led multiple law-enforcement task forces investigating the murders. Kading consulted on the script and will serve as a co-executive producer on the pilot, which comes from Universal Cable Productions. Anthony Hemingway will direct and exec produce along with Mark Taylor and Kyle Long, who wrote the pilot.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/biggie-tupac-murder-series-luke-james-aisha-hinds-1202014024/
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lazarus

Cowboy Nine

Lazarus

BigDawg

Kings and Queens, Shots Fired was good lastnight too!!

wizzy

Vonc2002

Will u guys watch Marlon? It kinda looks good to me
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

I like that marlon keeps choosing essence

they did those scary movie comedies together recently

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 23, 2017, 11:39:58 AM
It looks a bit corny, like the kind of thing that gets cancelled after one season

but I'll check it out

Vonc2002

Quote from: Nine on March 23, 2017, 11:47:45 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 23, 2017, 11:39:58 AM
It looks a bit corny, like the kind of thing that gets cancelled after one season

but I'll check it out
Yea but it looks funny too. Like one of those shows that stay on air but fly under the radar. Honestly, i check out and initially watch EVERY blk show. I lioe Marlon and Essence so i just kinda want it to work

Gilgamesh.

GLOCK

Lavern is really becoming the IT girl, huh?

No pun intended