Iyanla confronts two gay black pastors

Started by iman, September 19, 2015, 09:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

as long as they're not pushing some story where an individual woke up one morning and decided to be gay, i think the conversation is healthy.

BigDawg

Quote from: Herb. on September 19, 2015, 09:49:30 PM
Quote from: Baphomet. on September 19, 2015, 09:48:11 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on September 19, 2015, 09:43:28 PM
I dont like how they tied in him being raped as a young boy with him being gay, like what does one have to do with the other.

I really HATE that because it makes no sense.
How can a traumatic experience make you want to turn gay.   :diddraispoot:
it can cause someone to question their sexuality. men are easily aroused. so if a woman touches my private part, and i get hard, as an adult i understand its only natural. this does not mean I am bisexual or heterosexual. but as a child, you'd ask "why did i enjoy that a bit?"

if anything, it only supports the truth that being gay is NOT a choice. which is more important than any other theory.

I was molested when I was a kid, non of that peaked my gay interest because I knew what I was at a very young age. One of the biggest myths is that being gay is some perversion derived from impure thoughts amongst men, some of which fantasize about young boys. For people to continue to link molestation, or being raped by a man to being gay is just ridiculous to me.

Herb.

September 19, 2015, 10:02:36 PM #18 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:03:41 PM by Herb.
Quote from: BigDawg on September 19, 2015, 09:54:01 PM
I dont like how they tied in him being raped as a young boy with him being gay, like what does one have to do with the other.

it can cause someone to question their sexuality. men are easily aroused. so if a woman touches my private part, and i get hard, as an adult i understand its only natural. this does not mean I am bisexual or heterosexual. but as a child, you'd ask "why did i enjoy that a bit?"

if anything, it only supports the truth that being gay is NOT a choice. which is more important than any other theory.

I was molested when I was a kid, non of that peaked my gay interest because I knew what I was at a very young age. One of the biggest myths is that being gay is some perversion derived from impure thoughts amongst men, some of which fantasize about young boys. For people to continue to link molestation, or being raped by a man to being gay is just ridiculous to me.
Firstly, I'm very sorry that you were molested. That's first and foremost.

But this is a real story, that a gay black man is sharing. This is his truth. We cannot invalidate his story based off of what we feel are common myths, just as no one can invalidate yours. We can't ignore it. Don't worry so much about how certain people link this with that.

I sense some sort of discomfort  you have with these things.

yummy

g

another church queen battling a "demon"

won't be watching

BigDawg

Quote from: Herb. on September 19, 2015, 10:02:36 PM

But this is a real story, that a gay black man is sharing. This is his truth. We cannot invalidate his story based off of what we feel are common myths, just as no one can invalidate yours. We can't ignore it. Don't worry so much about how certain people link this with that.

H

It is really not that deep.

Jon

Still can't believe this moron is on Oprah's channel, not that I ever thought Oprah was intelligent but wow.

Herb.

I don't think he said that he's battling his sexuality, though.

It seems as if he's actually coming to terms with it.
Which is a great story.
Hopefully he continues to focus on living his truth, and not battling the truth itself.

cuz I'd be annoyed to watch yet another "born again" heterosexual claiming they're done with Satan's trickery, blah blah blah.

Herb.

Quote from: BigDawg on September 19, 2015, 10:06:50 PM

H

Is it not?

You seem to get very frustrated when homosexuality is brought up my luv. I'm only making an observation. If I'm wrong, so be it.

BigDawg

Quote from: Herb. on September 19, 2015, 10:08:44 PM

H

Is it not?

You seem to get very frustrated when homosexuality is brought up my luv. I'm only making an observation. If I'm wrong, so be it.

No, not frustrated. I just have my own views on the matter. I understand that this is his story but for me I just dont feel like him being raped has a direct relation with him being gay. Because if it were that easy for him to awaken those feelings of wanting to be gay after being raped, why can't it be just that easy for him to switch back to being straight by picking up a bible.

Herb.

Quote from: BigDawg on September 19, 2015, 10:14:12 PM
Quote from: Herb. on September 19, 2015, 10:08:44 PM

H

Is it not?

No, not frustrated. I just have my own views on the matter. I understand that this is his story but for me I just dont feel like him being raped has a direct relation with him being gay. Because if it were that easy for him to awaken those feelings of wanting to be gay after being raped, why can't it be just that easy for him to switch back to being straight by picking up a bible.
I'm going to leave this one alone.

iman

btw he mentioned that he was raped by a man. I wonder if that made him gay. Sad.

I remember watching Oprah like 10 years ago and a gay guy was on there talking about how he was molested by his dad. That made me wonder if that influenced his gayness. Same thing with Tyler Perry.

Herb.

You're very brave for sharing your story.
Have you ever talked to anyone about what happened to you? Like anyone professional

iman

September 19, 2015, 10:20:22 PM #29 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:20:35 PM by iman

You really don't think a young boy would be confused? :uhh:

the prostate is in the ass. I can totally see a young man being confused sexually if they were abused as a child by other men.