Iyanla confronts two gay black pastors

Started by iman, September 19, 2015, 09:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDawg

Quote from: Herb. on September 19, 2015, 10:19:23 PM
You're very brave for sharing your story.
Have you ever talked to anyone about what happened to you? Like anyone professional

A professional can not tell me what I already know. But thank you for those kind words. It happened,  but it never really affected me in one way or the other.

Young

I know NUMEROUS people with positions in church living a lie

So sad...and I REFUSE

Herb.

September 19, 2015, 10:30:52 PM #32 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:31:34 PM by Herb.
Quote from: BigDawg on September 19, 2015, 10:25:40 PM
Quote from: Herb. on September 19, 2015, 10:19:23 PM
You're very brave for sharing your story.
Have you ever talked to anyone about what happened to you? Like anyone professional

A professional can not tell me what I already know. But thank you for those kind words. It happened,  but it never really affected me in one way or the other.
I wasn't referring to your sexuality, if that's what you assumed. But if you're fine, it's cool. I just can't hear someone tell me they've been through something that traumatic without asking if they've talked with someone about it. Someone very close to me in my family, who is heterosexual, came to me with that information and I immediately asked them the same question. It's out of love.

Herb.

Quote from: iman on September 19, 2015, 10:20:22 PM
Quote from: Baphomet. on September 19, 2015, 09:48:11 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on September 19, 2015, 09:43:28 PM
I dont like how they tied in him being raped as a young boy with him being gay, like what does one have to do with the other.

I really HATE that because it makes no sense.
How can a traumatic experience make you want to turn gay.   :diddraispoot:

You really don't think a young boy would be confused? :uhh:

the prostate is in the ass. I can totally see a young man being confused sexually if they were abused as a child by other men.
I think some of the gorls see it more as an "excuse" as opposed to a background. I don't feel its right to dictate anyone's truth. If they tell you that the believe molestation shaped them, that's their truth and they're dealing with it. If they say they feel it didn't, again that is their truth. We shouldn't put ourselves in a position to write off someone's traumatic childhood experience simply because we view it as a scapegoat for their sexuality.

At least they're basing their story off of something psychological. Not looking for bible verses to determine whether they like men or women. :sobusyjetsetter:

Stewie

most of the ones who 'turn gay because of molestation' were already gay to begin with

BigDawg

Quote from: Stewie on September 19, 2015, 10:43:01 PM

most of the ones who 'turn gay because of molestation' were already gay to begin with

Herb.

September 19, 2015, 10:48:50 PM #36 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:50:24 PM by Herb.

How do you know that? bear in mind, these are children we're referring to

when you say gay, do you simply mean children who are effeminate? there's a difference between that and actual sexuality.

iman

;

do u speak from experience

BigDawg

Stewie

September 19, 2015, 10:54:41 PM #39 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:54:58 PM by Stewie
Quote from: Herb. on September 19, 2015, 10:48:50 PM

How do we know they were straight before they were molested? bear in mind, these are children we're referring to

people see these very rare cases were someones sexuality 'changes' and all of a sudden want to through all fags in the same boat.....most fags are not in that category

Herb.

Quote from: Stewie on September 19, 2015, 10:54:41 PM

How do we know they were straight before they were molested? bear in mind, these are children we're referring to

[]kp-j[o0-hy'9gt89fr78e5is4au6ri7tcvyub'ino[gipv8fuod7;685sor4
nbip'ouv;icyltxrzb pinonoh[bi
g80'f796dp85osx4rctpvybuinoh[big
8u'70f9[6ct

jacob i fucking HATE u  :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

Herb.

September 19, 2015, 10:57:24 PM #41 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:58:26 PM by Herb.
but my point is exactly that. CHILDREN are too young to identify themselves on either side of that fence. and are highly impressionable. their mind is still developing. why is such a stretch that someone touching on them could confuse them as to what is "right and wrong" for them sexually?

There's a reason why children are so heavily protected against these things.

BigDawg

Quote from: Stewie on September 19, 2015, 10:54:41 PM

people see these very rare cases were someones sexuality 'changes' and all of a sudden want to through all fags in the same boat.....most fags are not in that category

iman

"African. Balochistani. Native American."

f
f
f
f
f

afro luv :kii: