Has Brandy evolved ?

Started by lovechild, May 19, 2017, 09:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

Her eras after Fro just never went where it could, especially visually. I think this project could be something special tho. I always wanted Brandy to do a strong themed album, a concept album. A Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, A Seat At The Table mess. She's capable.

BRockaBaby

For each his own. But i find it selfish to make an artist feel like they have to "fit" a certain style. There are so many singers out there that give different types of vocal delivery. Love Bran for her style and her approach to music. And if she is no longer giving you what you need in YOUR current mood in life, then move on to another artist who will. But to say "I'm over this from her, I now want this from her..." is almost selfish.

And no, it's not putting the artist in a box and saying you can't experiment a bit. But it should be at the will of the artist not at the will of a fickle fan base.

Also, when I say "you" i'm referring to the general pop, not anyone individually.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: LITE on May 19, 2017, 10:28:57 AM
Her eras after Fro just never went where it could, especially visually. I think this project could be something special tho. I always wanted Brandy to do a strong themed album, a concept album. A Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, A Seat At The Table mess. She's capable.

I definitely want a better visual approach from her. But i don't think that was the issue with her post-afro work. I think the issue truly was....it wasn't what people loved from Bran. She left her formula in hopes to meet commercial demands. But the lesson in it all (in my opinion) is that she's loved for a formula that SHE created and that only SHE can carry-out.

So when she came out with her post-afro work, I think it was very miuch

"oh this cute alright Bran....but wait.."

a very short lived fascination because it didn't seem...genuine...

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

with every album ive heard growth and development
dunno whats trying to be said here

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Harlem

She's definitely grown vocally... musically thou I agree to a extent but ppl forget she was the pop star so therefore she had to make Human to sooth ppl away from the accident and 2/11 was the "comeback" for the unsuccess before that...

Brandy between 04-06 was on a whole next level, that accident really cursed her from evolving as a whole... I still wanna hear her studio sessions with Pharrell, surprised it ain't leak yet

But tbh in this day and age all Brandy has to be is VISUAL... once she gets that she's gon b fine win whatever she puts out

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

yes bran needs to be a visual queen lol

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

brocka4life

Brandy knows she dropped the ball and did what other people wanted her to do on the last 2 albums. And she's said she doesn't want to do what she's already done. She can sing just about anything. I think her next project will be her most authentic.

lovechild

I'm really anticipating "the next brandy" . This is the first time we will get independent brandy without anyone controlling her eras . For her to say she wants to act as though this is her last album . It's profound ... so I'm hoping she continues off where Afro left off