Chadwick Boseman's Role As Thurgood Marshall Sparks Colorism Debate

Started by Freemala Harris, June 27, 2017, 02:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

Quote from: شيطان on June 27, 2017, 04:22:23 AM
Quote from: Drew Berrymore on June 27, 2017, 03:05:49 AM
njcsddddd

I always wondered why Hollywood only cares about Black Skin color when its convenient

Like how they will hire someone who looks like Lupita but then hire someone who looks like Zendaya to play her in a flashback

!!!!

I never got that. They do it with Hispanics too. Hire black Dominicans to play Mexicans etc.

Apparently this guy was extremely light skin, so I do think the actor should match. However for Mandela and Malcolm they "blackwashed" their roles as well.

hhh I really think they believe all non-black people in their respective categories look alike

That aaliyah biopic was a fool

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Freeruu on June 27, 2017, 04:34:51 AM
This was just outrageous though

zoe gor

hhh she didn't even look real. This caked on CLAY
Yh THIS was the fool

Gilgamesh.

ddddd

Not a prosthetic nose and Black face. Zoe, what the fuck is yew doing? :everythingok:

BAPHOMET.

THIS is a fool. Chad' and that man are on completely different sides of the color wheel :dead: wtf

Its like... not even believable.

BAPHOMET.

:ohwow: hope this ends him. So all the focus can be on Micahel B Jordan

SouravMay

Did it play a role in that person's life that he was light, that's what I'm trying to know... If yes, they should definitely recast with someone that looks like the 40% black guy i posted about.
B7

BigDawg

This is so stupid.

Now people are complaining that this man is too dark to play TM?!

yummy

If you know anything about Thurgood Marshall, him being lightskinned is what helped him work his way through the legal system. I know Chadwick is a hot commodity rn but this look sloppy.

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on June 27, 2017, 05:44:47 AM
If you know anything about Thurgood Marshall, him being lightskinned is what helped him work his way through the legal system. I know Chadwick is a hot commodity rn but this look sloppy.
!!!!!!!!!
It helped him greatly as it did other blacks in government and political positions before him

The purpose of biopic casting is to match an actors look as closely to the subject character as possible and hope they nail the personality.

H.#.G.*.Z

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

i mean its nothing to put some lighter makeup and a perm
but i would have to see the movie to see whats what

i think his skintone should take a backseat to his story tbh

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

GLOCK

Quote from: شيطان on June 27, 2017, 04:42:22 AM
Did it play a role in that person's life that he was light, that's what I'm trying to know... If yes, they should definitely recast with someone that looks like the 40% black guy i posted about.
:dead:

GLOCK