What Kind Of Male Dolezal

Started by Freemala Harris, July 31, 2017, 03:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4everSLAYanafan

Quote from: BowDown on September 16, 2018, 10:08:22 AM
Other people wearing their hair in a Black/African-inspired style isn?t automaticlaly appropriation.
I have to humbly disagree

4everSLAYanafan

4everSLAYanafan

September 16, 2018, 10:22:18 AM #122 Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:24:38 AM by 4everSLAYanafan
Quote from: Inu?tska (spirit of talent, ability, genius) on September 16, 2018, 10:18:02 AM
What would be the next step in this case?

Reaching out to him to put him in his place?

We can let him know he can still love and appreciate us and not become us, he should love himself too because he was beautiful before, It doesn't have too be housewives episode

Cowgirl

Quote from: 4everSLAYanafan on September 16, 2018, 10:16:26 AM
Other people wearing their hair in a Black/African-inspired style isn?t automaticlaly appropriation.

?Take (something) for one?s own use, typically without the owner?s permission.?

I don?t see the problem as long as someone knows the origin of the style they?re wearing and give credit. Appreciating other cultures is the only way we?ll learn to become one..

Cowgirl

Quote from: 4everSLAYanafan on September 16, 2018, 10:22:18 AM
Quote from: Inu?tska (spirit of talent, ability, genius) on September 16, 2018, 10:18:02 AM
What would be the next step in this case?

Reaching out to him to put him in his place?

We can let him know he can still love us and not become us, he should love himself too because he was beautiful before, It doesn't have too be housewives episode
Even if he is appropriating, why do you feel the need to go out of your way to point out how different he is? Why not share some info and keep it moving. I just don?t understand why so much energy is spent, it really takes a toll..

Cowgirl

Quote from: Inu?tska (spirit of talent, ability, genius) on September 16, 2018, 10:27:28 AM
That "without owner's permission" part is key.

Considering that we pass our culture out like candy - sell it to White owned record labels for distribution and exploitation (which explains why you have non-Black people walking around thinking it's OK to say "nigga" since they're just singing along),  and issue complimentary Black cards and invitations to "the cookout" on a regular basis.
Clock it!

:plea:

4everSLAYanafan

Quote from: BowDown on September 16, 2018, 10:23:13 AM
Quote from: 4everSLAYanafan on September 16, 2018, 10:16:26 AM

?Take (something) for one?s own use, typically without the owner?s permission.?

I don?t see the problem as long as someone knows the origin of the style they?re wearing and give credit. Appreciating other cultures is the only way we?ll learn to become one..

Knowing where it comes from isn't the complete point, you don't have to wear us to appreciate us. There's no way around this. Sorry, and it is a problem, we were taunted for centuries because of the way we naturaly look and now it's called appreciating and sharing when a non black does it and might even get the job before an actual black...nah.IDTS

How about taking over 500 years of PTSD from slavery from some of us, how about taking the police harassment and killings that comes with it sometimes, You can't wear us and call it appreciation theres a difference, if you don't care or can care less then that's you

Cowgirl

I agree with what you?re saying to a certain extent but I wish we lived in a country/world where appropriation was the biggest of our worries..

FlowerBomb

Quote from: 4everSLAYanafan on September 16, 2018, 10:06:55 AM
Quote from: FuckCrackers on September 16, 2018, 09:46:15 AM
Just realised he's from London
they all look like that here, the "trendy" ones anyway

Now see...there's the problem and "trendy" you've got to be kidding  :dead:
I didn't say I agreed with it lol

4everSLAYanafan

Quote from: FuckCrackers on September 16, 2018, 10:39:05 AM

I know I was just shocked a bit lol i see you

4everSLAYanafan

Quote from: BowDown on September 16, 2018, 10:37:40 AM
I agree with what you?re saying to a certain extent but I wish we lived in a country/world where appropriation was the biggest of our worries..

I hear what you're saying, We have so much more to serve and appropriation isn't the biggest piece of the pie, but we still have to cut and serve it every time it's done baking

FlowerBomb

Quote from: 4everSLAYanafan on September 16, 2018, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: FuckCrackers on September 16, 2018, 10:39:05 AM

I know I was just shocked a bit lol i see you
Yh urban/youth culture here is basically black culture, it's "cool" and "trendy"

❄️☃️🌨� Shuji Feels Different 🌨�☃️❄️

Just who is he going to go to for "permission" to wear his hair in a certain style as per your definition? The nigger council? Like I said, if he's not parading himself as the face of the black struggle or trying to take credit for "creating" that style, what's the issue? We all borrow from each other's culture daily. Why get so worked up about it? You're arguing down here about it and he's out there living his best life. It's wasted energy.

Cowgirl

Quote from: ShujiFinity Wars on September 16, 2018, 11:07:50 AM
Just who is he going to go to for "permission" to wear his hair in a certain style as per your definition? The nigger council? Like I said, if he's not parading himself as the face of the black struggle or trying to take credit for "creating" that style, what's the issue? We all borrow from each other's culture daily. Why get so worked up about it? You're arguing down here about it and he's out there living his best life. It's wasted energy.
>>><<<

FlowerBomb