Brandy Live On YouTube

Started by Crazy8, August 10, 2017, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign.

August 10, 2017, 11:28:56 PM #210 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:30:14 PM by Dreamsicle.
Both parties expressed valid arguments. I truly believe and not just with Brandy, but those with platforms and celebrity deal with projections and constant bullying.I love what Bran said about you have the right to express your opinion at me, but you don't have as right to express your opinion at me. It's tricky.

fedswatchin

Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 10, 2017, 11:28:56 PM
Both parties expressed valid arguments. I truly believe and not just with Brandy, but those with platforms and celebrity deal with projections and constant bullying.I love what Bran said about you have the right to express your opinion at me, but you don't have as right to express your opinion at me. It's tricky.
yeah, very tricky

Being a celebrity requires a person to behave like a superhuman or something, and while it's the job they sign up for, I can't imagine having unwarranted opinions flying at my wig day in and out, even outside of instagram comments

Sovereign.

August 10, 2017, 11:43:21 PM #212 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:52:42 PM by Dreamsicle.
Bran is obviously still working through insecurities as with every human, she just so happens to be doing it with thousand following. She came into the industry/Pop culture as a teenager. Teenage angst is a mess within itself. Try doing that shit whilst maintaining a false image of "America's Sweetheart" and how that then carried over into her adult years. Granted, Kwee' can relax a bit on responding as a whole being that she's not exclusive from scrutiny that all celebs experience, but I do empathize with her. Brandy will be alright.

HUGO

2 mins in and she wasted no time  :plzstop:

Sovereign.

August 10, 2017, 11:45:35 PM #214 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:51:38 PM by Dreamsicle.
This is why it's so important, even as fans to grasp that it should always be about the art and the gift that is being used through that person. Celebrity is over-fucking-rated, dog.

Sovereign.

August 10, 2017, 11:47:41 PM #215 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:52:00 PM by Dreamsicle.
Honestly, I was cringing before watching, but this was incredibly insightful and helped me attune myself to my own projections about Brandy and her wellness. Kween is fine, she's just working through her uncertainty and how to navigate people's ideas and projections they place upon her. We do this shit in our everyday lives.

fedswatchin

Dream wait :stressed: this is such a scholarly analysis

SouravMay

Haven't watched yet but did she really call in live to the Skorpion Faggots to reveal her mess?! Really? Nnnnn
B7

MAY

Quote from: OwnIt on August 10, 2017, 11:04:01 PM
Quote from: ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ on August 10, 2017, 10:55:56 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on August 10, 2017, 10:52:15 PM
Quote from: ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ on August 10, 2017, 10:49:34 PM
Brandy's situation is not unique to her.
Every celebrity gets their share.

Addressing trolls is a losing battle though.
I wouldn't recommend her going that route.
Is your issue with her addressing trolls or with the fact that it gets broadcasted on theshaderoom?

Both.

Even in my own life.
I don't feel the need to address "trolls" or negativity.
It takes away from the peace and joy I have with myself and those who want to see me do well.
Ever since I've taken that approach years ago, my life has been more fulfilling.
but you've gotten into it with gorls before. On here, for instance. Does that take away from what peace you have in life? No. You just felt the need to defend your character at the time.

Brandy isn't encouraged to do that because she's a celebrity first and has to stick to a respectful public image (which I don't think has been largely affected by theshaderoom posts). But I admire her for starting to live her life as a human first and getting bitches together.

Because it was a kii to social media when rihanna couldn't stop her twitter or Instagram fingers

n

Sovereign.

August 10, 2017, 11:56:15 PM #219 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:56:40 PM by Dreamsicle.
And I knew all along none of this had nothing to do with Monica. None.

Pearls Khan

This interaction between Bran and Kevin assured me how little I care for the "personal" relationship between fan/artist. The way they were talking to her, making faces and cutting her off. :uhh: It was almost disrespectful. Not saying they can't converse and disagree but it seemed they (mainly Skorpion) already made up their minds on her being at fault before the call, defeating the purpose of talking it out.

But addressing the issue, I see both sides. Sis has dealt with a lot of hate. She obviously isn't clapping back at every troll that enters her @'s. And it IS her profile. Her prerogative, cool. Unfortunately she is Brandy. And whether she claps back at every hater or every 100,000th hater, its going to make the blogs thus allowing ppl to comment. Maybe it wouldnt be so bad if she had music out but that's a whole other situation.

And if Kevin is as cool with Bran as they seem, then he was dead wrong to post an opinion instead of  calling her, either way. Thats not how friends operate. He is right about her being above the mess tho. IMO it shouldn't matter what they're saying or what day they're saying it. Block, ignore and push on. You're a damn LEGEND, hun :plzstop: Let these late faggots fume.

SouravMay

15 minutes in and I cannot stop cringing... brandy wtf happened?

:stressed:
B7

Sovereign.

August 11, 2017, 12:09:20 AM #222 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:10:20 AM by Dreamsicle.
Honestly, Brandy has always been sensitive. That has become apparent over the years. I don't think we see every hateful message she receives thus causing her to respond in the way she does, but again she's not excluded from the hate that every celebrity receives. Again, I don't believe there is a right or wrong way to handle this because I'm not Brandy, but I do believe a lot of people lack the mental capacity to understand that opinions are overrated and why spend a significant amount of time on a celeb's  IG, Twitter page you're not a fan of? Like in what world is that rational? :uhh: In what world is it okay to use someone's past tragic experiences against them? It says quite a bit about that person. This internet shit is weird. I empathize with Bran. And yes, that Skorpion cat should've picked up the phone, but instead punched to Twitter. That's insincere. And then tell her in the middle of the call she's live on YouTube. :plzstop: We some ass backwards people.

Rxxf

Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 10, 2017, 11:47:41 PM
Honestly, I was cringing before watching, but this was incredibly insightful and helped me attune myself to my own projections about Brandy and her wellness. Kween is fine, she's just working through her uncertainty and how to navigate people's ideas and projections they place upon her. We do this shit in our everyday lives.

The interview wasn't as cringe worthy as I anticipated.
BRANDY

4 fucking k

So embarrassing. I just don't know what to say anymore.