Brandy Live On YouTube

Started by Crazy8, August 10, 2017, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign.

Quote from: fck yo pocahontas. on August 11, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
I've always said that these days people are so concerned about avoiding anything that isn't a "good look" for them in front of others. That's what they keep referencing during this interview so far. "It's not a good look! It's not a good look!" . Here's a wild idea -- maybe she doesn't give a flying fuck about what people think as long as she speaks her mind.

!!!!

And therein lies the truth. Brandy has spent her life wearing politically correctness and maintaining "respectability". This can also be problematic. Like today, whilst at work, I was completely over it. A co-worker "sshh'd" me to get me to be quiet and I internalized what it was I wanted to say because I want to maintain "respectability" and "professionalism" as oppose to addressing it like a REAL human being should.  That only caused me more damage.

Rxxf

Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 11, 2017, 12:29:15 AM
I've always said that these days people are so concerned about avoiding anything that isn't a "good look" for them in front of others. That's what they keep referencing during this interview so far. "It's not a good look! It's not a good look!" . Here's a wild idea -- maybe she doesn't give a flying fuck about what people think as long as she speaks her mind.

!!!!

And therein lies the truth. Brandy has spent her life wearing politically correctness and maintaining "respectability". This can also be problematic. Like today, whilst at work, I was completely over it. A co-worker "sshh'd" me to get me to be quiet and I internalized what it was I wanted to say because I want to maintain "respectability" and "professionalism" as oppose to addressing it like a REAL human being should.  That only caused me more damage.

I understand this.

But to me, there's a responsible way to "break out of your shell" without using devices that could be destructive in the end.

It's no different than a young girl sheltered by her parents for YEARS... and then she starts fucking Tom, Dick and Harry once she gets her "freedom".
BRANDY

SouravMay

August 11, 2017, 12:35:34 AM #227 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:47:06 AM by Enter My World (2006)
Tbh brandy probably doesn't treat these fags as "friends", so she shouldn't act all appalled, I'm sure she doesn't go out eating with them or they go to eachother's house or randomly talk on the phone. She's only calling him
"Friend" because he said something she doesn't like.

Second, I still don't get "real" from her. I feel like there is many pieces missing to the story that she won't reveal or live in her complete truth for people to see.

She's not savvy at all and doesn't understand her Instagram is not her personal outlet but a business one, this is a promotional instrument to her music and anything else she's selling. She can't ruin her brand like that. Get a 2nd account for friends only that's locked and post personal stuff there.

I want someone brilliant to sit her down in a nice 20/20 multi-hour mess and her to be completely honest and self-reflective in the interview. Brandy hasn't acknowledged a single error of hers.
B7

Rxxf

BRANDY

Sovereign.

Quote from: fck yo pocahontas. on August 11, 2017, 12:32:28 AM

!!!!

I think in the workplace/office it's different. You don't want to end up in HR because of a misunderstanding.

But if someone shh'd me I'd definitely take that as disrespect -- but in that situation I think it's best to wait until you're out of the moment maybe. Calm down a bit and come back to them like , "Hey, I know this sounds so silly but I just have a weird thing about people shh'ing me. I know you meant nothing by it." or something to that effect.

Especially if I have to work with that person on a daily basis. Sometimes it's really just best to cut straight into the fucking apple pie. You feel better once you do. But, adjust your approach based on the setting.

GHan is on instagram, not someone's board room.

I see. Perhaps, that was a horrible example.  :kii: I needed something to parallel the idea of respectability to. Would you not considered Bran's social media activity to not being equivalent to a "board room" being that she's being watched 24/7 by literally millions of followers?

Sovereign.

Enter My World, post something we can actually assert and navigate and not this elementary bullshit. You know nothing about Bran or her life, you only know what she's allowed us to see. Tread lightly, friend.

Rxxf

August 11, 2017, 12:43:09 AM #231 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:44:28 AM by ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ
Brandy is her own "HR", "brand", "company", really.
She doesn't have to answer to anyone.
But the public has their right to take it or leave it.

Sis will be fine.
BRANDY

Rxxf

BRANDY

Sovereign.

August 11, 2017, 12:45:06 AM #233 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:45:48 AM by Dreamsicle.
Quote from: ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ on August 11, 2017, 12:43:09 AM

It's strange, sad and true. But this is also what she desired. Nuanced. Still doesn't warrant people to be cruel and express shallow ass opinions with no merit or credibility.

SouravMay

And this talk of proving she's no "punk"... it doesn't make you a "punk" to be above the mess and stay classy. You can't play in the dirt with these monkeys, bby.
B7

Sovereign.

What the fuck do you mean by "classy" though? What YOUR idea of classy? You want YOUR idea of respectability placed onto Bran? I have time tonight...

Rxxf

Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 11, 2017, 12:45:06 AM
Quote from: ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ on August 11, 2017, 12:43:09 AM

It's strange, sad and true. But this also what she desired. Nuanced. Still doesn't warrant people to be cruel and express shallow ass opinions with no merit or credibility.

I agree... But...
People are always going to have something to say.
That will never change.
But what you choose to govern your PEACE is key.  And how you MAINTAIN that peace is vital.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: fck yo pocahontas. on August 11, 2017, 12:47:03 AM
Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 11, 2017, 12:40:59 AM
Quote from: fck yo pocahontas. on August 11, 2017, 12:32:28 AM

!!!!

I think in the workplace/office it's different. You don't want to end up in HR because of a misunderstanding.

But if someone shh'd me I'd definitely take that as disrespect -- but in that situation I think it's best to wait until you're out of the moment maybe. Calm down a bit and come back to them like , "Hey, I know this sounds so silly but I just have a weird thing about people shh'ing me. I know you meant nothing by it." or something to that effect.

Especially if I have to work with that person on a daily basis. Sometimes it's really just best to cut straight into the fucking apple pie. You feel better once you do. But, adjust your approach based on the setting.

GHan is on instagram, not someone's board room.

I see. Perhaps, that was a horrible example.  :kii: I needed something to parallel the idea of respectability to. Would you not considered Bran's social media activity to not being equivalent to a "board room" being that she's being watched 24/7 by literally millions of followers?
Not necessarily.

I wouldn't sit there and argue with commenters who I don't even know but if GHan feels the need to do it, let her. If Trump can go off on a childish hissy fit about nonsense 90% of the time and still be President, GHan can have her moments.

I just hate that Skorpion legit got in his feelings because GHan wasn't on some "Yes sir. O yessa Massa u sure set me str8" mess after he finished telling her what she should do. You're not her parent. GHan's made her money, she's had her career. Worry about where you're trying to go and what moves and "good looks" that it'll take for you to get there. Period.

death lol
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 11, 2017, 12:47:18 AM
What the fuck do you mean by "classy" though? What YOUR idea of classy? You want YOUR idea of respectability placed onto Bran? I have time tonight...

Oop.

Let me take my ass to bed.
:ohwow:
BRANDY

LordB