Brandy Live On YouTube

Started by Crazy8, August 10, 2017, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

August 11, 2017, 12:52:55 AM #240 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:27:59 AM by Enter My World (2006)
Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 11, 2017, 12:42:34 AM
Enter My World, post something we can actually assert and navigate and not this elementary bullshit. You know nothing about Bran or her life, you only know what she's allowed us to see. Tread lightly, friend.

Excuse me? This is my own personal perception and I prefaced my post with that. She doesn't come off fully genuine and I'm assuming her relationship with Kevin doesn't fall under what is conventionally defined as friendship. Also I asserted that she lacks business savviness as her reputation is suffering evidently from her reckless behavior on social media.

Being respectable or classy has nothing to do with my ideas forced on someone but with general (Western) societal standards you apply in the work place, that being Brandy's Instagram page.
B7

Sovereign.

August 11, 2017, 12:53:38 AM #241 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:02:30 AM by Dreamsicle.
Quote from: fck yo pocahontas. on August 11, 2017, 12:47:03 AM
Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 11, 2017, 12:40:59 AM
Quote from: fck yo pocahontas. on August 11, 2017, 12:32:28 AM
Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 11, 2017, 12:29:15 AM
Quote from: fck yo pocahontas. on August 11, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
I've always said that these days people are so concerned about avoiding anything that isn't a "good look" for them in front of others. That's what they keep referencing during this interview so far. "It's not a good look! It's not a good look!" . Here's a wild idea -- maybe she doesn't give a flying fuck about what people think as long as she speaks her mind.

!!!!

And therein lies the truth. Brandy has spent her life wearing politically correctness and maintaining "respectability". This can also be problematic. Like today, whilst at work, I was completely over it. A co-worker "sshh'd" me to get me to be quiet and I internalized what it was I wanted to say because I want to maintain "respectability" and "professionalism" as oppose to addressing it like a REAL human being should.  That only caused me more damage.
I think in the workplace/office it's different. You don't want to end up in HR because of a misunderstanding.

But if someone shh'd me I'd definitely take that as disrespect -- but in that situation I think it's best to wait until you're out of the moment maybe. Calm down a bit and come back to them like , "Hey, I know this sounds so silly but I just have a weird thing about people shh'ing me. I know you meant nothing by it." or something to that effect.

Especially if I have to work with that person on a daily basis. Sometimes it's really just best to cut straight into the fucking apple pie. You feel better once you do. But, adjust your approach based on the setting.

GHan is on instagram, not someone's board room.

I see. Perhaps, that was a horrible example.  :kii: I needed something to parallel the idea of respectability to. Would you not considered Bran's social media activity to not being equivalent to a "board room" being that she's being watched 24/7 by literally millions of followers?
Not necessarily.

I wouldn't sit there and argue with commenters who I don't even know but if GHan feels the need to do it, let her. If Trump can go off on a childish hissy fit about nonsense 90% of the time and still be President, GHan can have her moments.

I just hate that Skorpion legit got in his feelings because GHan wasn't on some "Yes sir. O yessa Massa u sure set me str8" mess after he finished telling her what she should do. You're not her parent. GHan's made her money, she's had her career. Worry about where you're trying to go and what moves and "good looks" that it'll take for you to get there. Period.

!!!!

We spend so much of our time criticizing instead of working to build own shit. It's easy for us to tell someone what they should or shouldn't do when in reality Brandy has/IS making moves in spite of. She's highly influential among her peers, will be returning to Broadway, not that any of this has to do with character or credibility, but it speaks a lot about the work she has done to get to where she is and has inspired many people. We should all aspire to do this in whatever it is we desire to do with our lives and get from behind a fucking web cam discussing what people wear, or who gave who STD's.  :dead: It's wack.

SouravMay

The moment she calls in to talk to them she for that period puts herself on the same level as them. Plaques etc then become irrelevant, you called to exchange opinions with that person so
stand in it.
B7

Sovereign.

Quote from: Enter My World (2006) on August 11, 2017, 12:52:55 AM
Quote from: Dreamsicle. on August 11, 2017, 12:42:34 AM
Enter My World, post something we can actually assert and navigate and not this elementary bullshit. You know nothing about Bran or her life, you only know what she's allowed us to see. Tread lightly, friend.

Excuse me? This is my own personal perception and I prefaced my post with that. She doesn't come off fully genuine and I'm assuming with Kevin doesn't fall under what is conventionally defined as friendship. Also I asserted that she lacks business savviness as her reputation is suffering evidently from her reckless behavior on social media.

Being respectable or classy has nothing to do with my ideas forced on someone but with general (Western) societal standards you apply in the work place, that being Brandy's Instagram page.

Lacking in business saviness? Again, you only see what you're allowed to see.  :kii:

fedswatchin

Dreamsicle came in this bitch and shut shit down :blessed:

Sovereign.

Quote from: Enter My World (2006) on August 11, 2017, 12:56:13 AM
The moment she calls in to talk to them she for that period puts herself on the same level as them. Plaques etc then become irrelevant, you called to exchange opinions with that person so
stand in it.

This is where you have to be held accountable. You reek of folly. Firstly, she didn't know she was live. Secondly, she never stated an opinion, she stated her truth. A difference.

GYNandTONIC

I listened and I understand Brandy, but that doesn't mean I agree with her.

She minimized IMO... "I ignore a lot"..."I DO turn off my comments"...etc. It doesn't matter how many you ignore, the only thing that matters is the one you respond too.

She's trying to give "warrior" & "brave" ! It's like she doesn't realize she fighting a losing battle, the internet is undefeated. People are free to say and do what ever they want on her page or any others. They aren't gonna stop just because she checks a few. She'll exhaust her self trying. Also she isn't savvy enough with her words. Maybe if her responses weren't riddle me this and novel length it would be cool.

I love Bran and this doesn't make me like her any less. It's just frustrating to watch her fume and scream at a brick wall. I do like the human side of her cause the PR machine Brandy was far more frustrating IMO

jtwoeleven

Quote from: fck yo pocahontas. on August 11, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
I've always said that these days people are so concerned about avoiding anything that isn't a "good look" for them in front of others. That's what they keep referencing during this interview so far. "It's not a good look! It's not a good look!" . Here's a wild idea -- maybe she doesn't give a flying fuck about what people think as long as she speaks her mind.

Not everyone is obligated to run their thoughts through a "good look" scanner or premeditate every single action before proceeding. She's not hurting anyone by saying how she feels.

You sit in front a camera in a basement to talk about celebrities. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have opinions about how good of a look that is. But, ultimately, you do what the hell you want to do. Let GHan do Ghan as well. Faggots. :woohoo:

FUCKIN CRINE!

:plzstop: :kii: :plzstop: :kii: :plzstop: :kii: :plzstop: :kii:

Sovereign.

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on August 11, 2017, 01:07:44 AM
I listened and I understand Brandy, but that doesn't mean I agree with her.

She minimized IMO... "I ignore a lot"..."I DO turn off my comments"...etc. It doesn't matter how many you ignore, the only thing that matters is the one you respond too.

She's trying to give "warrior" & "brave" ! It's like she doesn't realize she fighting a losing battle, the internet is undefeated. People are free to say and do what ever they want on her page or any others. They aren't gonna stop just because she checks a few. She'll exhaust her self trying. Also she isn't savvy enough with her words. Maybe if her responses weren't riddle me this and novel length it would be cool.

I love Bran and this doesn't make me like her any less. It's just frustrating to watch her fume and scream at a brick wall. I do like the human side of her cause the PR machine Brandy was far more frustrating IMO

Again, it's tricky. And I hear a lot of this. I hope it does get back to a place where she's able to mute the trolls, but who am I? I'll always love Bran and her gift deeply, but now that I've become older and gained a little bit more knowledge I see that she's human and that she's navigating it all just like I fucking am.

MAY

Sovereign.

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on August 11, 2017, 02:00:38 AM
Wait, they didn't tell her beforehand that this was LIVE? I would have hung up right then and they would have been BLOCKED!

She handled that with much grace, though cause she could've hung up tbh.

Sovereign.

August 11, 2017, 02:08:58 AM #252 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:09:41 AM by Dreamsicle.
And Brandy is a genuine sweetheart. I really appreciated this from her even though this interview was completely unwarranted.

AfroJisiac

i dont understand why she disable her comments on her post that can be sensitive or misunderstood etc... and just enable them on her music snip posts... like... that could be a good start

rosone1

August 13, 2017, 09:36:25 AM #254 Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:38:55 AM by rosone1
So much conviction when she speaks.

For the most part I think she is misunderstood(except when she responded to the Meryl Streep meme about TBIM).
By giving attention to a few Monica fans, it blows it up and now thousands times more  people are saying even worse(I pray she didn't read any of it).I'm glad she knows her worth and is standing up for her self but think about the outcome.