Started by SouravMay, August 17, 2017, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIDS

can we all just agree that her music sucks

:letsmessfag:

Cowboy Nine

CHOKE

SouravMay

August 17, 2017, 02:14:30 PM #18 Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:17:08 PM by Enter My World (2006)
Angie Stone is a basic washed out example of an irrelevant R&B chitlin circuit act, and Jennifer Lopez is a global superstar with fans all around the world in the eyes of Joseline and many others.

That is clearly how she meant it, the fact that coincidentally the skin tones match to racial stereotypes and correlates with their level of success of both acts says more-so something about Western/American society as far as colorism but not Joseline.
B7

Vonc2002

Quote from: Enter My World (2006) on August 17, 2017, 02:09:26 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2017, 02:08:18 PM
I've seen African American blk girls call a bitch nappy headed. Sometimes an insult is just an insult,  nothing more and nothing less.  Harping on goofy shit just to stand on a soap box :dead:

Yeah if you have kinky hair yourself you have a fckn pass. Just like fags can say fag or fats can say something about love handles etc.
It really isn't rocket science. The same logic behind black people being able to say nigga but daring someone else to say it.  And Her comparing herself to jennifer lopez was her comparing herself to what is one of the MOST celebrated Puerto Rican American entertainers. Not to mention she's beautiful and still looks amazing, so it was more of a "bitch imma still be bad in 20 years and you'll be a mess." It wasnt some u a nigger and im this beautiful white women shit. The LENGTHS summa y'all go........WHEW!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cowgirl

Quote from: Esaugetu Emissee on August 17, 2017, 02:11:55 PM
I'm not arguing about this.

She made colorist remarks towards Stevie J's daughters and then posted of Angie Stone to represent K. Michelle when they look nothing alike. Sorry I'm not rushing to buy into all this Black pride she seems to have.

I'll leave it at that.
Love you but you're fckn wrong about this one. Okay?

XXX.

J. Lo reps "100% Boricua", but a lot of Ricans identify as Afro-Latino.  Like Rosie Perez, Lala, etc.   She grew up in the Bronx, and I remember when she dropped "I'm Real", the original version said "niggas".  And there was a lot of controversy.

My mom is Black, and my father is a mix of Cuban & Rican, and I've called people "nappy headed" plenty of times.  Hell, Nicki Minaj says it in like 10 verses.  I definitely don't think that's self hate.

And tbh, the J.Lo thing I think was just the only Puerto Rican she could think of that was sexy and popping pushing 50.  And she compared K. to the first washed up soul singer that came to mind.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Enter My World (2006) on August 17, 2017, 02:14:30 PM
Angie Stone is a basic washed out example of an irrelevant R&B chitlin circuit act, and Jennifer Lopez is a global superstar with fans all around the world in her mind.

That is clearly how she meant it, the fact that coincidentally the skin tones match to racial stereotypes and correlates with their level of success says something about Western/American society as far as colorism but not Joseline.
PRECISELY! :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cowgirl

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2017, 02:15:49 PM
Quote from: Enter My World (2006) on August 17, 2017, 02:09:26 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2017, 02:08:18 PM
I've seen African American blk girls call a bitch nappy headed. Sometimes an insult is just an insult,  nothing more and nothing less.  Harping on goofy shit just to stand on a soap box :dead:

Yeah if you have kinky hair yourself you have a fckn pass. Just like fags can say fag or fats can say something about love handles etc.
It really isn't rocket science. The same logic behind black people being able to say nigga but daring someone else to say it.  And Her comparing herself to jennifer lopez was her comparing herself to what is one of the MOST celebrated Puerto Rican American entertainers. Not to mention she's beautiful and still looks amazing, so it was more of a "bitch imma still be bad in 20 years and you'll be a mess." It wasnt some u a nigger and im this beautiful white women shit.

Vonc2002

Quote from: BowDown on August 17, 2017, 02:16:51 PM
Quote from: Esaugetu Emissee on August 17, 2017, 02:11:55 PM
I'm not arguing about this.

She made colorist remarks towards Stevie J's daughters and then posted of Angie Stone to represent K. Michelle when they look nothing alike. Sorry I'm not rushing to buy into all this Black pride she seems to have.

I'll leave it at that.
Love you but you're fckn wrong about this one. Okay?

ssssssssdssdsssddddd

SouravMay

Like how could anyone for a second think she doesn't consider herself black. All she does is hang around with other black people, fuck black strippers, get a black baby by a fellow black. Her hairstyles are those of black women. Her being black is not even a question, it's like her being human or her being on a reality show.
B7

AIDS

the comparison was silly any damn way since Joseline will NEVER be successful outside the 'chitlin' circuit

SouravMay

you argued up and down that joseline does not consider herself black. That was the basis of your argument.

But I already know you love EGGS, so enjoy them.

B7

AIDS

Vonc2002

August 17, 2017, 02:25:19 PM #29 Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:28:10 PM by Vonc2002
Quote from: Esaugetu Emissee on August 17, 2017, 02:18:46 PM
I'm totally OK with it if you guys saw no issues with what was said and done.

Let's just remember I didn't bring this up for discussion today, before we begin the "you want a soapbox" narratives. Thanks.
But u did bring it up 2 days ago which i found completely  :-/ then
Quote from: Esaugetu Emissee on August 15, 2017, 04:29:32 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/trump-charlottesville-latest/index.html

So yeah a lot of you guys were right on this one.

I'll take being right about North Korea mess eventually escalating and racist Joseline, you guys take this one and we'll call it even for now.

U definitely go on and rants and climb on that soapbox for the silliest things and definitely harp on sum shit u feel like u were right about. Malcolm's thread was justified and answers the thread u made JUST 2 days ago, so PLEA :dead: