'MTV Unplugged' Is Set for a Reboot & Shawn Mendes Will Be the First to Appear

Started by Lazarus, August 17, 2017, 03:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

MTV?s stripped-to-the-acoustics live music series MTV Unplugged is coming back this fall, and rock-pop star Shawn Mendes is making the reboot?s first appearance.

According to Variety, Mendes will be the first to appear on the new take of Unplugged with a performance shot at Los Angeles? Theater at Ace Hotel. The episode will air on Sept. 8.

The show, which originally ran from 1989-2009, is back and will again feature artists reinterpreting a set of their songs. In the past legends like Nirvana and Bruce Springsteen appeared on the music series, as well as more contemporary acts like Miley Cyrus and Adele.

Mendes told Variety he was excited to be a part of the show after seeing Pearl Jam?s Unplugged session from 1992. He said, ?It wasn't so much about the commercial, showman side of it; It was really about the music.?

Mendes added, ?People come to my shows not really knowing what to expect, and they leave experiencing a real rock-pop concert. We?re playing 100% of the time. To be able to film that and put it out to the people is exciting.?

:ohwow:

Vonc2002

Not Shawn
:udontlookok:
I know he plays the guitar tho so maybe he's  really talented
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

'ology

Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

RAY7

Hope Ari does one
that's the only person that can really sing that I can see realistically getting a slot

Genesis

Unplugged is supposed to be soulful and they are starting off with some high school musical reject :usuresis:

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

n

Oh God. So we're gonna be seeing Selena Gomez and blah blah blah

Not watching this shit

MAY

Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 05:58:03 PM
Hope Ari does one
that's the only person that can really sing that I can see realistically getting a slot

b

Vonc2002

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on August 17, 2017, 06:35:15 PM
Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 05:58:03 PM
Hope Ari does one

b
That songbird keeps u in fumes