Honesty Hour: Why do you think Nicki has never gotten a #1 or a GRAMMY?

Started by XXX., September 18, 2017, 06:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX.

Honestly, I'm curious what the responses will be.

Almost every major mainstream female rapper has either one or the other.  There are a few exceptions, but Nicki is bigger than them all.

Nicki has been in the game since 2008.

She has almost 100 Billboard Hot 100 entries, but all of them have failed to reach #1.  And through 3 studio albums and nearly 70 released guest verses, she has not been able to land a Grammy in almost a decade!

GRAMMYS:

Kim, Missy, Salt N Pepa, Eve, Da Brat, Left Eye, Lauryn, Queen Latifah, Fergie

#1s:

Lauryn Hill ("That Thing"), Kim ("Lady Marmalade"), Iggy Azalea ("Fancy"), Shawnna ("Stand Up"), Fergie ("London Bridge"), Remy Ma ("Lean Back") <---- still debatable if it's Terror Squad feat. Remy & Joe or not.

Marilyn

The Grammy is obvious, but the #1 is a mystery. People downplay Rihanna for her success with "#1 99 cent singles", but shit, it clearly can't be that easy.

Opposites Attract.

Bang Bang was robbed of it's Grammy but I think this thread is kinda premature because she still has time to obtain any one of those or both just like it took 7 tries for Rihanna to get a number one album.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

XXX.

Quote from: Margiela. on September 18, 2017, 06:34:15 PM
Bang Bang was robbed of it's Grammy but I think this thread is kinda premature because she still has time to obtain any one of those or both just like it took 7 tries for Rihanna to get a number one album.

We're talking about #1 singles, though.  Rih Rih got that her 2nd year in the game. :justabit:

BAPHOMET.

i think she's waiting for 2018. Its going to mark the 10 year anniversary of her entrance into the industry.

Its been a build up of sorts.

XXX.

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on September 18, 2017, 06:36:43 PM
i think she's waiting for 2018. Its going to mark the 10 year anniversary of her entrance into the industry.

:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

mauza

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on September 18, 2017, 06:36:43 PM

Well bitch keep waitin then X;xX:x!x!xXx

"جاني الاسمر"

XXX.

Fuck it!

Let's just cut thru the reflection in Irene's shades at the hotel party!

Why are Cardi and Iggy able to achieve something Nicki hasn't done in over 100 chart entries?

XXX.

Quote from: wild enuff 2 tame meh on September 18, 2017, 06:43:09 PM
sdsd

see,  u gorls came in here taking this mess seriously

i know a trap-a-ho when i see one

Answer my question or provide your Last name, baby!

Buy The Stars✨

i think it has to do with the other songs on the charts at the time.. like  when you release 15 songs at a time and have another 30 features out there  it makes it harder for fans to purchase all the songs with you on it.  if you have just ONE good song thats all you need..i think queen has been thinking more quantity than quality .. hopefully she gets it together and tells the gorls no features

XXX.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: wild enuff 2 tame meh on September 18, 2017, 06:44:51 PM
,lo[mpnikbouvyh

i dont see nuh reeing, on dis fingah...
so am not gonna deal wit ya dramah

what year was this .
that is a HORRIBLE outfit to wear to the grams.. eve sis .

XXX.

Quote from: TEXASbama on September 18, 2017, 06:44:59 PM
i think it has to do with the other songs on the charts at the time.. like  when you release 15 songs at a time and have another 30 features out there  it makes it harder for fans to purchase all the songs with you on it.  if you have just ONE good song thats all you need..i think queen has been thinking more quantity than quality .. hopefully she gets it together and tells the gorls no features

I don't think Nicki has really released a solo rap single that connected with the streets since "Moment For Life".

She needs to get back to the real rapping.  Her sound is so watered down now.

But sometimes I do wonder if it's the music or Nicki's personality that people don't like.  It almost seems like people are DYING for someone to take Nicki's spot. 

XXX.

Quote from: TEXASbama on September 18, 2017, 06:47:57 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: wild enuff 2 tame meh on September 18, 2017, 06:44:51 PM
,lo[mpnikbouvyh

i dont see nuh reeing, on dis fingah...
so am not gonna deal wit ya dramah

what year was this .
that is a HORRIBLE outfit to wear to the grams.. eve sis .

NNDNDNbdbnDNNndn

2002!

I'm SCREAMING!