Honesty Hour: Why do you think Nicki has never gotten a #1 or a GRAMMY?

Started by XXX., September 18, 2017, 06:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX.

fedswatchin

I don't think it matters

Like you said, she's bigger than all of her female rapping counterparts without either of them

XXX.

Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 06:56:48 PM
I don't think it matters

Like you said, she's bigger than all of her female rapping counterparts without either of them

But I feel like it's dwindling down.  I think you confuse celebrity with actual impact in music.  And we can agree Nicki hasn't really had that in awhile. 

She's a superstar, but if the next album fails to produce any hits, then what?

I honestly think she's in a weird place right now.

fedswatchin

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:01:15 PM
I don't think it matters

But I feel like it's dwindling down.  I think you confuse celebrity with actual impact in music.  And we can agree Nicki hasn't really had that in awhile. 

There's no way to truly document impact in music.  :dead: she's definitely an artist that's sought after, everybody wants her or wanted her on their song at some point.

But yeah, getting a Grammy means absolutely nothing to me. If I wanna hear some new music, I'm not gonna run to the Grammy winners list to see if the music is perched there before I listen to it

Cowgirl

But seriously very strange she she doesn't have either considering she has hits for days..

Onika

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 06:41:56 PM
Fuck it!

Let's just cut thru the reflection in Irene's shades at the hotel party!

Why are Cardi and Iggy able to achieve something Nicki hasn't done in over 100 chart entries?

Nicki has been so close to reaching #1 on the Hot 100 but the competition is just always too hard to beat.

Tik Tok was bigger than Bedrock.
Party Rock Anthem & Last Friday Night was bigger than Super Bass.
Shake It Off was bigger than Anaconda.

She's honestly cursed :dead: If Katy didn't discount LFN and release that Missy remix, Super Bass would've been #1.

The thing that pisses me off the most about Nicki's career was the way she handled Anaconda's video release. Taylor's bitch ass just had to debut SIO that week. Had she released Anaconda video a week before or later, it would've went #1.
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

XXX.

Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:06:48 PM
I don't think it matters

There's no way to truly document impact in music.  :dead: she's definitely an artist that's sought after, everybody wants her or wanted her on their song at some point.

But yeah, getting a Grammy means absolutely nothing to me. If I wanna hear some new music, I'm not gonna run to the Grammy winners list to see if the music is perched there before I listen to it

That's a lie!

Are you telling me I can't document the impact of something like "Formation" versus a song like "Down" by Fifth Harmony?

You said yourself that Nicki fell off.  Don't switch it up now.

Her records aren't all flopping, because shit is GOOD.

Ma Lo

Its hard to say because success on the charts or Grammys is very unpredictable. I think its all about timing. Brandy is long overdue for Grammys and a stronger
artist than Nick. Some artists seem to Grammys easily. Its all about timing.

fedswatchin

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:09:25 PM
I don't think it matters

That's a lie!

Are you telling me I can't document the impact of something like "Formation" versus a song like "Down" by Fifth Harmony?

yeah, there's no true way to document impact in music lol

XXX.

Quote from: Ntwadumela on September 18, 2017, 07:09:31 PM
Its hard to say because success on the charts or Grammys is very unpredictable. I think its all about timing. Brandy is long overdue for Grammys and a stronger
artist than Nick. Some artists seem to Grammys easily. Its all about timing.

But Brandy has BOTH a Grammy and a #1.  So, bad example.

XXX.

Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:10:30 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:09:25 PM
I don't think it matters

That's a lie!

yeah, there's no true way to document impact in music lol

You are mistaken, love.

XXX.

Quote from: OnikaChrist on September 18, 2017, 07:08:25 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 06:41:56 PM
Fuck it!

Let's just cut thru the reflection in Irene's shades at the hotel party!

Why are Cardi and Iggy able to achieve something Nicki hasn't done in over 100 chart entries?

Nicki has been so close to reaching #1 on the Hot 100 but the competition is just always too hard to beat.

Tik Tok was bigger than Bedrock.
Party Rock Anthem & Last Friday Night was bigger than Super Bass.
Shake It Off was bigger than Anaconda.

She's honestly cursed :dead: If Katy didn't discount LFN and release that Missy remix, Super Bass would've been #1.

The thing that pisses me off the most about Nicki's career was the way she handled Anaconda's video release. Taylor's bitch ass just had to debut SIO that week. Had she released Anaconda video a week before or later, it would've went #1.

Taylor this.  Taylor that.

Cardi will be STOMPING Taylor out next week.

Onika

I don't think it matters

Hits right now don't really matter. She's already had plenty in the past. What Nicki REALLY needs to focus on is giving us a RAP album that is of great quality.

This is why this next album is gonna be make or break for Nicki. The black community wants to see if Nicki can officially solidify her status as one of the greats and deliver us a great rap album. It's crazy to think Nicki has been relevant for all these years yet hasn't really given us a rap masterpiece, while Kim & Lauryn did it on their first try.
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

fedswatchin

Quote from: wild enuff 2 tame meh on September 18, 2017, 07:10:28 PM
its like Britney

i was so surprised to see that she didn't have as many #1s as i expected

she legit has like four #1's and three of them came near the end of her career :plzstop:
!!!!!

I remember before Circus came out, when I was really getting into the charts, I looked at her discography and was shocked to see how so many of her singles that I thought were massive hits peaked a little lower on the Hot 100. She's a huge pop success though and a slew of #1s will fall on deaf ears to the general public. A popular song is a popular song when it's all said and done