Ack! Would this have been the trinity ?

Started by Young, September 18, 2017, 10:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHOKE

September 20, 2017, 05:39:36 AM #255 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:41:08 AM by Cho-Ku
The album was falling down the charts before...

Anyway I'm looking at what she actually accomplished when she was alive

Saying she was going to do Scream and the Matrix really doesn't mean much.
Those movies were huge but what are those actors doing now?

b7

September 20, 2017, 06:02:29 AM #256 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:25:11 AM by 1RIG
n

Were they also big and ascending in the music genres with endorsements to boot? Because, again, that?s what separates her from the rest lol

She was only one single in (an experimental risky one at that) so saying her album was falling down the chart doesnt mean much

That happened a lot back then and she easily could have risen right back up with songs like Rock the boat. sales and fans werent as fickle back then. First week didnt mean as much

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Harlem

I hope the ones questioning these blockbuster movies know she actually started filming for The Matrix but her death caused them to recast and refilm, they tributed her on the DVD behind the scenes showing the footage, like it wasn't a alleged mess  :dead:

RAY7

Quote from: Harlem on September 20, 2017, 03:34:51 PM
I hope the ones questioning these blockbuster movies know she actually started filming for The Matrix but her death caused them to recast and refilm, they tributed her on the DVD behind the scenes showing the footage, like it wasn't a alleged mess  :dead:

yea this is true
the part was like a cameo though

CHOKE

Quote from: AYR on September 20, 2017, 04:17:12 PM
Quote from: Harlem on September 20, 2017, 03:34:51 PM

yea this is true
the part was like a cameo though

EXACTLY!

I could see if she was the lead female role

BAPHOMET.

XXX.

Genesis

She would not be successful today in music. She was too weird for mainstream like Kelis. It only worked for Gaga because she's white.

But I would take her over nicki anyday.

Aalumeci.

September 20, 2017, 04:46:07 PM #266 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:46:47 PM by L0NZ.
Quote from: Genesis on September 20, 2017, 04:39:54 PM
She would not be successful today in music. She was too weird for mainstream like Kelis.

People can adapt if they want. Aaliyah had the look and vocal to do pop if she'd wanted to. "Aaliyah" the person was already actually very mainstream with good runs on TRL, hosting it, presenting at numerous MTV awards shows and specials, etc. She was becoming the media darling. Her music was still We Need A Resolution tho. A bit of a conflict.

XXX.

Not GaGa and Kelis.

Aaliyah punched out the jams just like every other R&B girl.

Weird!

Aalumeci.

hhhh yea the Gaga thing was way off. I wouldnt stan tbh.

b7

Quote from: L0NZ. on September 20, 2017, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: Genesis on September 20, 2017, 04:39:54 PM
She would not be successful today in music. She was too weird for mainstream like Kelis.

People can adapt if they want. Aaliyah had the look and vocal to do pop if she'd wanted to. "Aaliyah" the person was already actually very mainstream with good runs on TRL, hosting it, presenting at numerous MTV awards shows and specials, etc. She was becoming the media darling. Her music was still We Need A Resolution tho. A bit of a conflict.
her ?weirdness? is a huge inspiration for all these popular indie girls anyway :dead: