Mariah Carey signs to JAY-Z?s Roc Nation

Started by XXX., November 21, 2017, 01:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/20/mariah-carey-signs-with-jay-zs-roc-nation-after-firing-manager/

For her management.  Not label.

QuotePop diva Mariah Carey is hoping Jay-Z?s Roc Nation team will help put her back on top.

Page Six has exclusively learned that she?s signing with Roc Nation to manage her career after firing former manager Stella Bulochnikov earlier this month.

?[Mariah?s] cleaning house. She is getting legitimate people, assistants, a lawyer, and Stella is not happy about it,? an insider told us.

Sources previously told us that Carey?s backup-dancer boy toy Bryan Tanaka had taken over as her manager, but his role is creative director.

?Previously, there were all kinds of people involved [in her career] and Mariah didn?t even know those people. She had to distance herself from all that and she?s now cleaning house,? the source said.

BAPHOMET.

:overit: I wish I could feel like she was going to REALLY try but...

last era started out right with "Beautiful" but everything crumbled after that. Hope they all come together and make some serious moves for one last era. Go out with a bang and retire.

b7

thats whats so crazy to me. she sounds awesome on "Beautiful". that sound was fresh to me

the album isn't bad at all but i was kinda disappointed with the singles that followed after her injury and
things switched up.

b7

and outside of Rihanna, i dont see Roc nation working out for anyone. I've yet to see any success stories there

GRAND

Quote from: 1RIG on November 21, 2017, 01:47:00 AM
thats whats so crazy to me. she sounds awesome on "Beautiful". that sound was fresh to me
!!!!!!!!

I get so PISSED cause I wanted her to pursue that sound for the album

Boomz

Quote from: 1RIG on November 21, 2017, 01:47:32 AM
and outside of Rihanna, i dont see Roc nation working out for anyone. I've yet to see any success stories there

It's not a TIDAL mess at all. They actually have some cute names on their management roster:

J. Cole
Big Sean
Demi Lovato
DJ Khaled
Vic Mensa
Meek
Yo Gotti
Jaden Smith
Rih

Not to mention, their sports division has Kevin Durant & Dez Bryant

Boomz

Where ever Mariah is, it's about her putting in an effort and giving a damn. I feel like she can still mess with the right setup

b7

Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on November 21, 2017, 01:50:45 AM
!!!!!!!!

!!!
Then that Art of letting go or whatever the fuck came out. It was like she was reading out of a thesaurus sssddd girl!

b7

Quote from: Boomer on November 21, 2017, 02:30:25 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on November 21, 2017, 01:47:32 AM

It's not a TIDAL mess at all. They actually have some cute names on their management roster:

J. Cole
Big Sean
Demi Lovato
DJ Khaled
Vic Mensa
Meek
Yo Gotti
Jaden Smith
Rih

Not to mention, their sports division has Kevin Durant & Dez Bryant
oh WAIT

See i didn?t know that. I immediately associate them with the failures of the label part of it like Bridget Kelly and Melanie Fiona and them :dead:

Marilyn

They ain?t about to do shit for Mariah. Don?t get your hopes up.

ᴴᴼᵀᴾᴵᴺᴷ

Kaeli.

Quote from: Boomer on November 21, 2017, 02:32:46 AM
Where ever Mariah is, it's about her putting in an effort and giving a damn. I feel like she can still mess with the right setup
!

If queen pulls her head out of her ass, she could get a decent sized hit. People still care about whatever it is she?s doing, whether it?s positive or negative.

I want her image revamped too tbh

XXX.

Signing to Roc Nation can be a BOOK if they really care about you.

Look at what it did to DJ Khaled in the last year after signing?  After her signed to RN, I've seen Khaled literally everywhere.

Roc Nation has so much access to everything from magazines, award shows, endorsements, etc.  They really are the PLUG if your management deal is lucrative enough.

I think they will roll out the red carpet for Mariah. 

Scott.

Quote from: 1RIG on November 21, 2017, 02:50:21 AM
Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on November 21, 2017, 01:50:45 AM
!!!!!!!!

!!!
Then that Art of letting go or whatever the fuck came out. It was like she was reading out of a thesaurus sssddd girl!
I hated that song. And what made it even worse for me was when i first saw the title, i just KNEW it was classic Mariah