Poor Proud Mary

Started by Lazarus, January 16, 2018, 01:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: 1RIG on January 16, 2018, 07:16:56 PM
I still can?t believe there was more to the movie and the trailers didn?t indicate that. Like wtf is wrong with them?

Oh stop they wanted u to go see what was behind all of this running and shootingnot
Give everything away in the trailer

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Boomz

January 16, 2018, 07:27:34 PM #76 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 07:28:06 PM by Boomer
I still can?t believe there was more to the movie and the trailers didn?t indicate that. Like wtf is wrong with them?

SMH
That's why I didn't support. Even as a 'raji fan, the trailer didn't give anything on what the plot of the movie was. Is she an officer, a hit-woman or just an angry gal with a gun? Like...

Clips of a black woman bussin shots at random ain't enough to get me to the theater  :uhh:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Boomer on January 16, 2018, 07:27:34 PM

SMH
That's why I didn't support. Even as a 'raji fan, the trailer didn't give anything on what the plot of the movie was. Is she an officer, a hit-woman or just an angry gal with a gun? Like...

Clips of a black woman bussin shots at random ain't enough to get me to the theater  :uhh:

Thats why i went to see actually :plzstop: what da fuck ia all this about

Different

b7

Quote from: TheNextLew on January 16, 2018, 07:26:33 PM

Oh stop they wanted u to go see what was behind all of this running and shootingnot
Give everything away in the trailer
more of hint of the PLOT wouldn?t hurt, Lew  :dead: stop it. Running and shooting isn?t gonna do much

All these other movies putting out 2 minute trailers and ur giving 15 second Instagram teasers. That just won?t do

That works for the big budget superhero flicks because already familiar with those origin stories and comics

KING BENTLEY.

Ugh, and I know black actresses complain but Angela is the only one who can successfully carry any movie genre by herself.

Only one close to her would be Halle, in terms of versatility. Oprah trying to mess too now I guess

Taraji just took herself back to being type casted. I?m sure about 3 more cookie Lyon roles and sis will be on a Centric limited series

Very bad decision!

H.#.G.*.Z

b7

Quote from: BENTLEY on January 16, 2018, 07:33:09 PM
Ugh, and I know black actresses complain but Angela is the only one who can successfully carry any movie genre by herself.

Only one close to her would be Halle, in terms of versatility. Oprah trying to mess too now I guess

Taraji just took herself back to being type casted. I?m sure about 3 more cookie Lyon roles and sis will be on a Centric limited series

Very bad decision!
bnnnnnn

Yea the movie with Octavia Spencer was such a good look.  This is just ...  they should?ve spent more time on it or have her do something else, but still be a badass
:udontlookok:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Sl?Venchy on January 16, 2018, 01:45:06 PM
Like I said the movie will make a cute coin on the back end once they license it. It should?ve never been a theatre release.

I mean it?s far from a Columbiana or Salt.

And the name proud marry is very off putting

Review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes gave Colombiana a 27% rating based on 94 reviews, with the site's consensus that "Zoe Saldana has the chops but she's taken out by erratic and sloppy filmmaking."[8]
: ?This is a showy flower of an action film. Saldana doesn?t get much of a chance to emote, but her action skills blossom.?[11] Jordan Mintzer of The Hollywood Reporter, said that "There are guilty pleasures to be had in this frenzied B starring Zoe Saldana, who gives an acrobatic performance that makes the overcooked material watchable."[12]

Same reviews bigger budget

Ppul arent here for.female action mess

Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: 1RIG on January 16, 2018, 07:36:23 PM

Very bad decision!
bnnnnnn

Yea the movie with Octavia Spencer was such a good look.  This is just ...  they should?ve spent more time on it or have her do something else, but still be a badass

Cookie lyon and yvette and proud mary arent the same characters

Secondly

You guys dont say that when it comes to other actors

Different

Vonc2002

Quote from: Boomer on January 16, 2018, 07:27:34 PM

SMH

Very stupid. How tf u think people are gonna be interested in a movie they don't know shit about?
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

U know sutn goin down for all this action to occur

It dont have to be spelled out in trailers

Different

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

The movie wasn't that good and the script could've been better but Taraji is hit or miss as an actress anyway. So poor her.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: TheNextLew on January 16, 2018, 07:38:43 PM

Very bad decision!
bnnnnnn

Secondly

s

Do you know what typecasted is?
:ummwhat:

H.#.G.*.Z

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

January 16, 2018, 09:22:07 PM #87 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:24:49 PM by TheNextLew
Quote from: BENTLEY on January 16, 2018, 08:45:21 PM
Quote from: TheNextLew on January 16, 2018, 07:38:43 PM

Very bad decision!
bnnnnnn

Secondly

s

Do you know what typecasted is?
:ummwhat:

Yeah it means after yvette they want her in more ghetto girl roles

But cookie lyon and yvette arent the same

Yvette and tarajis character from.hair show is the same

But from tbink like a man as a business professional  to benjamin button as  slave mother to proud mary as an assasin to no good deed as a middle class housewife
To hidden figures as a scientist to person of interest as a detective or her portrayal of tiffany rubin as a mother trying to find her.missing son

She actually HAS NOT been type casted
And all of her roles aint yvette or cookie

So stop trivializing her work as ghetto girl

Different