Monique & Whoopi Exchange Choice Words On The View

Started by Freemala Harris, February 22, 2018, 01:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heated🔥

Rxxf

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 22, 2018, 01:42:57 PM
Quote from: ???? on February 22, 2018, 01:37:51 PM
Mo' did was she had to do contractually for Precious.
I don't agree with Whoopi.
I don't think that's how Hollywood works. Ur expected to promote your film.  Whoopi is someone that's been in Hollywood for yrs and I'm sure she knows the game.  That's pretty short sighted imo to say NOPE not doing anything else. Contractual obligations met
Hollywood is a business and is not someplace  that's easy to get into.  Alot of people are there BECAUSE of who u know and networking, it's not even about who's the most talented.  So why would u go and ruin relationships and burn bridges? Monique brought all this on herself. No one owes u movie roles.  :dead:

This is very true, Vonc.

I mean, I'm not saying Mo' couldn't have done more promoting (overseas).
But the fact that she didn't (after doing what she had to do contract wise), shouldn't ruin her entire career. Especially from BLACK people in power. We're talking Oprah, Lee, Tyler... (aside from Lions Gate).

I could understand if she did this to other people, and they were like, fuck this bitch or something. 

I don't know. I just think it could have been handled differently.
BRANDY

GLOCK

Whoopi is very level headed
It?s really embarrassing to see that Monique has convinced herself that she isn?t wrong
Everything isn?t about a dollar bill and it is your job as a creative to push and promote your work..
So yes.. those 8 years you suffered were your own doing.
There?s a game that every person in this business has to play.. even whistle blowers

She?d rather suffer in her own hell than make/play nice with those that cut checks
This media campaign she?s on is doing more damage than she thinks
I forgot about this Oscar shit

rip Monique

Rxxf

This whole situation just reminds me of what it is like to work in corporate America.
Amongst a lot of white people.  And miniorities thinking they have to do this, and do that, to get this and get that. Fuck all of that. I'm not here for it.
BRANDY

ya rock muh world.

February 22, 2018, 01:49:17 PM #34 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:50:08 PM by i stay hai.
Quote from: ???? on February 22, 2018, 01:39:19 PM
Quote from: i stay hai. on February 22, 2018, 01:34:29 PM
You can't just fuck around with someone like Oprah and expect to walk away unscathed.

Goddess has been quietly gnawing on Mo's skull since and my good sis just cannot take.

It makes sense that she's trying to really seize the most money out of any offer she's given now.

I understand why she was seething though. 50,000 is literally nothing after taxes for a movie as big as Precious.
She clearly had no clue that the film would be that big.
And to be paid so little for the film, and have people calling you up for promo on-demand, I could understand her thinking, "Shit, I damn near did the movie for free and now ya'll won't even consider my request for first class tickets?"

But still. Sis, you said lets play ball. You pushed the envelope.
So now you're playin' ball.

Lemme know how it works owt

But that's the problem.
Why should anyone have to conform to such foolery?
I guess they don't. And then you get left out...
It's the entertainment business. Show business.

It's no secret that it's unfair, shady, and there are no laws in place to protect you from discrimination.

And rule #1 is kiss the right ass. But keep on swingin' sis.

Rxxf

Quote from: i stay hai. on February 22, 2018, 01:46:48 PM
I agree that if she were a White woman this would be different.

But my thoughts would be the same...you said let's play ball...you're playin' ball. You're rocking the boat.

With that comes respect, but consequences as well.

Consequences that you may not be able to afford with 560K in back taxes. But play ball sis and hope for the best.

I'm here for anyone who stands in their mess.

When Eartha Kitt wanted to play ball, they ousted sis.
She was GONE for years.

Finally came back with "Boomerang" movie...

I mean, no one supported Kitt.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: i stay hai. on February 22, 2018, 01:49:17 PM
Quote from: ???? on February 22, 2018, 01:39:19 PM
Quote from: i stay hai. on February 22, 2018, 01:34:29 PM
You can't just fuck around with someone like Oprah and expect to walk away unscathed.

Goddess has been quietly gnawing on Mo's skull since and my good sis just cannot take.

It makes sense that she's trying to really seize the most money out of any offer she's given now.

I understand why she was seething though. 50,000 is literally nothing after taxes for a movie as big as Precious.
She clearly had no clue that the film would be that big.
And to be paid so little for the film, and have people calling you up for promo on-demand, I could understand her thinking, "Shit, I damn near did the movie for free and now ya'll won't even consider my request for first class tickets?"

But still. Sis, you said lets play ball. You pushed the envelope.
So now you're playin' ball.

Lemme know how it works owt

But that's the problem.
Why should anyone have to conform to such foolery?
I guess they don't. And then you get left out...
It's the entertainment business. Show business.

It's no secret that it's unfair, shady, and there are no laws in place to protect you from discrimination.

She's fighting and uphill battle, but keep on swingin' sis.

Hmph.
Well, I support sis.
I hope others do as well.
BRANDY

fedswatchin

Monique kinda stands in what she's always said

Pay me for my work or I'm not gon work :plea: the fact that those three niggers tried to ruin her is why blacks will never prosper together

Rxxf

Quote from: OwnIt on February 22, 2018, 01:54:49 PM
Monique kinda stands in what she's always said

Pay me for my work or I'm not gon work :plea: the fact that those three niggers tried to ruin her is why blacks will never prosper together

:cheerup:
BRANDY

ya rock muh world.

And I agree that this whole thing is a classic example of Black on Black crime.

Oprah has shown that she's not above gnawing on someone's skull if they try it.
But at the same time Queen has done much for Blacks - not only here but in Africa as well.

I can tell she's genuinely for her people.
She may just not be for someone who sends her to voicemail when she calls a favor.

And that's totally up to Goddess.
Doesn't diminish who she is, what she's done or her legacy one ounce.

Drogon

Quote from: ???? on February 22, 2018, 01:37:51 PM
Mo' did was she had to do contractually for Precious.
I don't agree with Whoopi.

Right

After you clock out the show stops. None of us work for free after we clock out so why should she

fedswatchin

Quote from: i stay hai. on February 22, 2018, 01:58:33 PM
And I agree that this whole thing is a classic example of Black on Black crime.

Oprah has shown that she's not above gnawing on someone's skull if they try it.
But at the same time Queen has done much for Blacks - not only here but in Africa as well.

I can tell she's genuinely for her people.
She may just not be for someone who sends her to voicemail when she calls a favor.

And that's totally up to Goddess.
Doesn't diminish who she is, what she's done or her legacy one ounce.
Oprah is a swine who is overpaid and and a white man's whore