Janelle Monae Drops Two New Songs And Videos, Reveals LP Release Date

Started by Lazarus, February 22, 2018, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Janelle Monae is officially back, and she is wasting zero time. The singer dropped two new songs on Thursday (Feb. 22), providing powerful corresponding visuals for each. The tracks ?Django Jane? and ?Make Me Feel? are both set to appear on her forthcoming albumDirty Computer, due out April 27.

Sitting atop a throne, and surrounded by a female army in matching suits, Monae delivers an empowering anthem on ?Django Jane.? On the track, she confidently raps about gender, race and the intersection of it all: ?Remember when they used to say I looked to man-ish, black girl magic, y'all can?t stand it." Of course, the video also features mentions of "pussy power," and raised-fist symbolism. 

?Make Me Feel?  takes a more Prince-inspired approach, both musically and aesthetically, with the actress hitting an '80s-esque club with actress Tessa Thompson, and serving some of the best moves and looks we've seen from her. The video also features what seems to be an allusion toRobert Palmer's iconic '80s videos, with Monae playing a similarly white guitar, backed by her own group of funky female dancers. Dirty Computer will serve as the highly anticipated follow-up to 2013?s The Electric Lady. Monae said the album has been in the making for a while, a long process that's a result of her own perfectionism: ?You know, this is an extremely vulnerable album and it took me a while to make it, because I?m a self-editor.?

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

LOONA.

Why is this bitch so fucking talented ugh.

Always serving looks and visuals. Both songs slay of course. Her alb is gonna snatch me

Sovereign.

These are both visually and sonically stunning. I hope this album is just as superb as "ArchAndroid".

Navyman

Wow. Dope, I love that she's embracing her bi-sexuality publicly.

Young

b7

People are LOSING it on twitter over these. Lemme see

I don?t really go up for the Prince inspired stuff from anyone but I?m sure the visuals are great

🦚

She snapped on Django

The new Kwee Of Rap.

I ain?t felt nothing on the other 1. Also won?t be watching the videos. Just drop the damn album.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

#Mu7

this bitch FUCKING KILLED!!  she should have dropped the album in its entirely as a video album cause that's her strength!!!

Make Me Feel is a BOP!