Black Panther sequel: everything we know so far...

Started by FlowerBomb, February 23, 2018, 11:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerBomb

QuoteBlack Panther 2 is looking highly likely....

Marvel has yet to officially confirm a Black Panther 2, or even a longer sequel ? but it looks like a return to Wakanda is highly likely. In an interview with Variety last week, Marvel president Kevin Feige gave some heavy hints that there would be further movies, saying: ?There are many, many stories to tell?. When asked if Ryan Coogler would come back to direct, he responded: ?I hope so?, adding that he ?absolutely? wants Coogler to return.

This, combined with the fact that Black Panther has been smashing records at the box office ? the movie grossed $404 million worldwide in its first weekend alone, making it the highest opening February film of all time ? suggests that a second film (and potentially more) is on the cards.

QuoteWhat plot would a sequel explore?
Speaking to Screen Rant earlier this month, director Ryan Coogler has said that a potential sequel could explore the differences between T?Challa?s kingship on screen and in the comic books. This is because, in the comic books, T?Challa?s father is killed when he is very young ? whereas in the film he is much older. Coogler explained: ?So, you know, in the [books] he was kind of a guy who was a child king, you know? He got his throne when he was very young. So when you meet him you know you dealing with a guy who?s 34 years old, who?s been king for a long time.?  The director then highlighted how this differed to the movie. ?In our film that character is just settling in,? he said. ?So I?d be really interested to see, you know, what kind of king he is with experience and how that affects his performance in the stories.?

QuoteWhat do the comic books say could happen?
As we have already seen, it?s likely that Marvel will put its own spin on the storylines portrayed in the comic books. Still, the comics are likely to form the basis for future films, offering a plethora of potential plots ? and so are a good indication of what might happen. As in the comics, Shuri could become Queen of Wakanda ? even being given the ?Black Panther? title when T?Challa goes to New York ? while Nakia could have a brief spell as a villain.

QuoteCould there be an LGBTQ+ romance?
Marvel has already come under fire after it failed to include a relationship between Okoye and fellow Dora Milaje warrior Ayo. This is because, according to Vanity Fair, a rough cut of the film showed Okoye staring ?flirtatiously? at Ayo ? however, this scene did not make the final cut and a Marvel spokesperson said that the relationship between the pair was not romantic. Still, in the comic books Ayo has a same-sex relationship with a woman called Aneka, who isn?t in the film. And, in an interview with Screen Crush, the film?s screenwriter Joe Robert Cole, when asked if a gay relationship had been considered in the film, responded: ?I think the short answer is yes. I know that there were quite a few conversations around different things, different directions with different characters, and characters that we may have. We thought, ?Well, maybe we?ll work it this way with an arc or work it that way with an arc.??

Marvel has yet to release a film portraying a LGBTQ+ romance. So could this be Marvel?s moment? If Okoye broke off her hinted romance with W?Kabi, could we see her getting together with Ayo? Or, could Aneka appear as a new character?

Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/black-panther-sequel-release-date-trailer-cast-news-2247389#d3zGvpKkZ8erAfXY.99

:ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:

Kalifornia.

I'm so SICK of these damn gays.

Did they fume up during Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America?

They can't add EVERYTHING in the first film.

LOONA.

ya rock muh world.

Stay yo ass out them nicki thread unless you coming in for worship.

LOONA.

Eternal Bell

ya rock muh world.

How many times can 'nashe remix 2 On before the gorls catch on

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Mays. on February 23, 2018, 11:36:01 AM

sssssss

!!!!!!!!
I have to agree. gays DO try to include themselves in anything progressive for blacks
especially white gays :dead:

good for the blacks.... now what about the gays .. remember us?!

and now ... when they do add the gay character we're gonna have to deal with a whole
"Cap, Thor, Iron'an don't have a gay character! gay agenda!"
:fuming:

... I'm glad it's getting so much attention, but the politics .... I mean it is a comic book adaptation
let us enjoy it. shit.
:melmel:

H.#.G.*.Z

fedswatchin

Navyman

Quote from: SAINT BENTLEY. on February 23, 2018, 01:08:31 PM
Quote from: Mays. on February 23, 2018, 11:36:01 AM

sssssss

!!!!!!!!
I have to agree. gays DO try to include themselves in anything progressive for blacks
especially white gays :dead:

good for the blacks.... now what about the gays .. remember us?!

and now ... when they do add the gay character we're gonna have to deal with a whole
"Cap, Thor, Iron'an don't have a gay character! gay agenda!"
:fuming:

... I'm glad it's getting so much attention, but the politics .... I mean it is a comic book adaptation
let us enjoy it. shit.
:melmel:
This the reason I'm so glad the gay shit was cut out for the 1st movie. Damn Hotels would be swore that was an issue by putting the 1st gay romance into the 1st black leading movie. Save that for one of the white hero movies 1st
:overit:

GLOCK

The Dora gay mess isn?t that important to include
I think they can work it in the storm film if they do it

n

After all they sorta almost killed my sis LMFAO..
Looking forward to that honestly

FlowerBomb

Quote from: glock on February 23, 2018, 02:28:57 PM
The Dora gay mess isn?t that important to include
I think they can work it in the storm film if they do it

n

After all they sorta almost killed my sis LMFAO..
Looking forward to that honestly
:guys: