9 year black girl commits suicide due to bullying for her hair texture

Started by Sinpool, March 20, 2018, 08:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Kalifornia.

FlowerBomb

b7

Quote from: Paradiso. on March 20, 2018, 09:25:53 AM
I?m usually numb when it comes to these stories. It?s very unfortunate but it?s like sensory overload for me.

What child this young thinks about or knows how to commit suicide?
honestly these new netflix shows and shit kinda glorify it in a way

I?m really not surprised. Kids ?grow up? a lot faster these days

b7

Quote from: herbie on March 20, 2018, 09:30:41 AM
And you have to take into consideration what they could have been exposed to. What does the parents allow them to watch? Hear? Do they have mobile devices? Access to the internet?

Those are questions I'd ask before I say she was murdered.
!!!! That?s what I?m saying. Most kids have, and know how to operate phones and iPads by age 3-4

Eternal Bell

VirgoMind

Quote from: herbie on March 20, 2018, 09:15:22 AM
This is why I'm slow to judge Black women who intentionally go out of their way to have mixed bvys and mess.

Look at the shit some of them have to go through starting from childhood.

It makes sense that some of them simply don't want their child to experience what they had to go through. Not even about self-hate, it's about that motherly instinct of protecting their child.

And these parents should have alerted the principal. But maybe the daughter wasn't really communicating how intense the bullying was.

Until they realize that doesn?t automatically equal ?good hair?. this girls Mother in the picture looks mixed at the least herself and yet she was still teased for her own hair.
Also, I wonder if it were non black kids making fun of her braids and hair texture.
This is sad.

VirgoMind

Quote from: 1RIG on March 21, 2018, 04:27:03 AM
And you have to take into consideration what they could have been exposed to. What does the parents allow them to watch? Hear? Do they have mobile devices? Access to the internet?

!!!! That?s what I?m saying. Most kids have, and know how to operate phones and iPads by age 3-4

!!! I work in a children?s hospital and these kids definitely know how to commit suicide and often times make several attempts. I see it DAILY. We should also take into consideration the imagination and how deep it can go. Sometimes we all find ourselves at some point  thinking of things that we have no idea how the thought crossed our mind. A child?s imagination runs wild!

b7

Quote from: VirgoMind on March 21, 2018, 05:19:38 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on March 21, 2018, 04:27:03 AM

!!! I work in a children?s hospital and these kids definitely know how to commit suicide and often times make several attempts. I see it DAILY. We should also take into consideration the imagination and how deep it can go. Sometimes we all find ourselves at some point  thinking of things that we have no idea how the thought crossed our mind. A child?s imagination runs wild!
Yea, kids know damn near everything and see everything/soak it all in. I know i did as a kid

We don?t give children enough credit