Why Aaliyah Would Still Be One in a Million If She Were Alive Today

Started by Lazarus, July 18, 2018, 07:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelMel

Quote from: LoveHappy on July 18, 2018, 07:53:50 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on July 18, 2018, 07:41:30 PM
But Beyonce wouldn't be where she is had she been dark and unattractive sorry .. Aaliyah was light skinned and pretty  so her chances of atrracting a larger audience were much stronger than a lot of the girls out today ..

d

no shade but there aren't alot of really ugly aren't artist.

By industry standards Gaga is ugly, but for the average person she's cute.
is she?

Ma Lo

Quote from: Ambiguous on July 18, 2018, 09:24:26 PM
Quote from: BowDown on July 18, 2018, 07:37:37 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on July 18, 2018, 07:32:20 PM
Its kind of hard to imagine her exceeding Brandy or Monica but I think her look would've made her be as big as Beyonce possibly .. Who knows ?
Beyonc? was always more than just a ?look.? Brandy could have maintained her status for a lot longer had she maintained the same work ethic..
I don't know... :unsure:

Always felt as if GHan's transition into adulthood from a child star is what created a bit of awkwardness in her career...
Not necessarily a shift in her work ethic.

So much focus was put on her wholesomeness and safeness that when she stepped into the "ok ya'll I'm ready to be sexy now pass me a weave mess" stage, I don't think it was the easiest thing for the gorls to swallow.

Especially with Benny Medina pushing her to be some sex kitten and mess.
Dancing around in her videos with wet hair and one piece bikinis..

And posing by Cadillac Escalades in nothing but a bra/panty set.
:unsure:

Yep but Brandy also had a contract with Covergirl and was pretty much the IT girl of the 90's and could've maintained that level of success had she not become pregnant and taken so much time off. The work ethic and consistency just wasn't there .. The way it is with Beyonce

Sinpool

4everSLAYanafan

Quote from: BowDown on July 18, 2018, 07:37:37 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on July 18, 2018, 07:32:20 PM
Its kind of hard to imagine her exceeding Brandy or Monica but I think her look would've made her be as big as Beyonce possibly .. Who knows ?
Beyonc? was always more than just a ?look.? Brandy could have maintained her status for a lot longer had she maintained the same work ethic..

and her look as well. I felt during "full moon" she should have still had braids, she could have been the Alicia Keys of 2001-03. I felt people were confused like who's that? "Afrodisiac" should have displayed the relaxed and pressed look with out the honey blonde. Then "Human" should have had the honey Blonde look.

CREAM.

Quote from: Guilty on July 18, 2018, 08:01:09 PM
Gag's awkward look works for her
if she was model pretty, she would be overlooked.
n

Britney doesn?t look better than anyone in 2018.

And Christina is fat and her lips are about to explode.
Gaga>

Big Italian nose and all.

whatever

Who knows. Aaliyah was a very timeless individual. From her hair, clothes etc. She was timeless. I can look at her red carpet looks and they look like what people would wear now. None of that tacky mess.

Her music career is tricky. She would've been on blackground correct(?) Her next album probably would've been in 2003-2004...We see how they handled Jojo and Toni Braxton. I honestly don't think she would've been a threat to the machine of Matthew Knowles-Beyonc?, Clive Davis- Alicia Keys, Irv Gotti-Ashanti. Then you had this young tom boyish girl whos a dancer coming from atl with the crunk and b movement. I don't think Aaliyah would've been a threat....

I do think in 2006-2007 she would've reinvented and maybe released a promiscuous girl and did a song with Justin or something...

Young

Quote from: whatever on July 18, 2018, 10:15:03 PM
Aaliyah was a very timeless individual. From her hair, clothes etc. She was timeless. I can look at her red carpet looks and they look like what people would wear now. None of that tacky mess.

Young

I think a 3-way collab would have been one of the greatest songs ever recorded

4everSLAYanafan

Ugh! and Brandy getting pregnant was NEVER a problem, It was the sick public and Atlantic forcing her to uphold an unrealistic image ... she could have been a clean cut mother too. Meanwhile bey is on baby #10 I mean #4. Brandy could have really embraced that pregnancy much better than she did in 02, I would have been 9 months prego shooting videos and promoting live (shrugs) we put too much on these celebs smh.

Glenda

No shade, but Beyonce and Aaliyah are in two separate categories although they do/did a lot of the same things.

:letsmessfag: