Imagine having insecurity levels this HIGH you'd draw this comparison

Started by BAPHOMET., July 20, 2018, 09:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

I definitely think Flav's blackness contributes to people calling him ugly. It wouldn't be as prevalent if he was Shemar Moore's complexion.

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

FlowerBomb

no ma'am, flav could be light with hazel eyes, he'd still be fugly.

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Ambiguous on July 20, 2018, 09:59:07 PM
I guess it depends.

Azealia Banks is beautiful to me. I honestly never got "ugly" from her. Like, ever.

But most of the insults at her usually include the word "soot" or "black bitch" - her skin tone is usually referenced first and foremost when she's attacked. Sometimes people do use others' skin tone as a weapon against them before anything else.

She brought that on herself. SHE hates her skin, and SHE has called girls ?black bitches? lots of times. SHE bleached. So when you insult her, you insult her complexion to hurt her because you know it?s an issue of hers. It?s not like she?s going to see it on Bsource, but maybe it just feels effective in a read.

Kurama

Funny how the original tweeter played into colorism right out the gate. Posted an "upstanding" photo of a lighter person who looks presentable because whiteness means more business savy, respectable, and good. He went to find a picture of a dark skinned Blk man who is a rapper who often is dubbed unruly for advocating against the gov, who is a coon, unfortunate looking, and a womanizer. Because Blackness is associated with things that are wrong or bad so he found an example of that instead of posting someone like Idris or Morris.

Fake woke self. Cant wait for this shit to be over. The way everyone is RUSHING to appear to be socially aware while discussing topics they dont know much about and don't care to learn.

:melmel:

ton

Quote from: Kurama on July 21, 2018, 10:05:24 AM
Fake woke self. Cant wait for this shit to be over. The way everyone is RUSHING to appear to be socially aware while discussing topics they dont know much about and don't care to learn.

:melmel:
!!! :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

ton

FlowerBomb

Quote from: ton on July 21, 2018, 10:06:43 AM
Cause if they posted Idris

Woo!
!!!!
SO many good dark-skinned black men as well unfortunate looking light-skinned men :dead:

Cartierline

g

Idk why people are still stuck on the idea that being lightskinned means you're automatically considered good-looking.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

so we should see the beauty in all.....

we are a critical and judgmental bunch so we dont

we should see beauty and non beauty regardless of color

this example

purports that we should see beauty in darkskin regardless of what it looks like (because of our programming) to counter act it

Im sure if you asked a black panther maybe they would say they view flav as the better looking one for whatever reason

but it has to be a level playing field

you cant say because light skin and light eyes oh beautiful

and you cant say just because darkskin and black  features oh beautifull

I dont even think colorism effects men
according to most because they are men they are supposed to look rougher and brute
so approaching the table with that hey yeah they all lookin good even when they are darker or not as cute

its really the women that catch the end of the colorism stick amongs our own imo

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different