Brandy's focus ... Is MY favorite song of all time. Ever.

Started by Bentley!, November 01, 2015, 09:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley!

My LIFE was altered

this holds the record for most consecutive repeats, like....

Let me tell you

in headphones, for 36 fucking hours
this was with NO breaks

I was like in a trance... A different universe, and I would HEAR whispers in this record that I couldn't catch a second time. I swear it's witchcraft, there's some kind of dark sub track underneath this record.

Went to class, walked around, driving, ALL with the headphones in. I tuned everything the fuck out

Like... Brandy  :loose2when:

Bentley!

RekeRig

The effort that went into this ....  the creativity. omf she can definitely do it again

so many hidden adlibs and breaths
:plzstop:

no other vocalist is doing it. they'd just scream and growl their way through like its cute

Cowgirl

STOP IT!!!!!!
:loose2when:

I need Ghan to get back to wherever her she was when she was making this album. I don't wanna rush an EP or any new music for that matter unless it's along the same caliber.

RekeRig

when she sang it on instagram, i lost it.

I hope she's in that creative space again

Cowgirl

Quote from: RIG on November 01, 2015, 09:29:05 PM
when she sang it on instagram, i lost it.

I hope she's in that creative space again
Where's the vid???

And I don't think she is in that space tbh. And that's fine because I really don't want her to half-ass anything..

Bentley!

Quote from: RIG on November 01, 2015, 09:26:05 PM
The effort that went into this ....  the creativity. omf she can definitely do it again

no other vocalist is doing it. they'd just scream and growl their way through like its cute
sssssssss

When I first REALIZED her BREATH was part of the fucking BEAT :plzstop:

:dead: @ Bey and Lange stanning the fuck owt to Focus :kii: :kii:

I would really like for Brandy to revisit this song once live. I guarantee a lot of recording artists would go absolutely crazy. Because THIS is what a singer who records strives to create :dead:

Cowgirl

Quote from: Bentley! on November 01, 2015, 09:34:41 PM
Quote from: RIG on November 01, 2015, 09:26:05 PM

sssssssss

When I first REALIZED her BREATH was part of the fucking BEAT :plzstop:

:dead: @ Bey and Lange stanning the fuck owt to Focus :kii: :kii:

I would really like for Brandy to revisit this song once live. I guarantee a lot of recording artists would go absolutely crazy. Because THIS is what a singer who records strives to create :dead:
:stressed:

Bish

This song solidified that Brandy is the x factor- it doesn't matter who the producer is, the talent shines through.

One of her best songs ever and an amazing experience when you're high.

Cowgirl

Since you made this thread I've had the song on repeat. If this isn't the Ghan we're getting then I don't want it.
:stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

Bentley!

Me: "gimme like 3 more? And just keep going, jus' gonna create the mood on this one, kinda like Brandy

Engineer:

Bish

Quote from: BowDown on November 01, 2015, 09:40:12 PM
Since you made this thread I've had the song on repeat. If this isn't the Ghan we're getting then I don't want it.
Focus is the benchmark. I want every a Brandy song to give what that song gives.

MAY

This song is everything. Definitely one of her best. It's one of my go to songs when putting someone "on" to Brandy.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Bish on November 01, 2015, 09:41:14 PM
Quote from: BowDown on November 01, 2015, 09:40:12 PM
Focus is the benchmark. I want every a Brandy song to give what that song gives.
I completely agree. And no shade but I sometimes question why I stan for her but this is THE reason. I don't want another Two Eleven. If it's not Afro she can save it tbqfh.