pls don't use this thread as a read next time we get into it

Navyman

Sinpool

MelMel

Quote from: red skin on August 18, 2018, 11:58:00 PM
Let's liven this bitch up a bit.

I see you wanna get right into the peach cobbler

yummy

August 19, 2018, 12:04:18 AM #6 Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:05:35 AM by ANIMMAI
okay so...I've been seeing this guy for a while now (about six months), I really like him and it's been a while since I've felt this way about someone.  We talk just about everyday, I think about him damn near constantly, we went on a trip together not too long ago and for the first time...I feel like all the feelings I have for someone else are being fully reciprocated. As lovely as it all sounds, this is somewhat scary to a cynical faggot like myself who quickly notices someone's flaws and has no problem ghosting a nigga the minute I feel like I see a red flag.

About a week ago, he asked me where do I see "this" (us) going and I told him I that didn't have an answer for him. He didn't seem upset then, but now he's hitting me with one word responses when I text him and doesn't want to hang out anymore when I ask.

I feel bad, but then again I don't because why the fuck is he so worked up over something that isn't totally concrete yet? :uhh:

I feel like he might be over it now

Ma Lo

August 19, 2018, 12:13:56 AM #7 Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:16:27 AM by The Serpent & The Rainbow
Men are garbage stay single and keep your money and your sanity. Best way of life.

yummy

I really didn't have an answer for him :dead: as much as I like him, I'm not ready to start running around screaming Chante's Got A Man

I don't wanna waste him time, but I just a need a little more

Ma Lo

August 19, 2018, 12:18:02 AM #9 Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:18:41 AM by The Serpent & The Rainbow
And then with you give him a chance he turns into a headache shortly thereafter?

emzen

Quote from: ANIMMAI on August 19, 2018, 12:04:18 AM
okay so...I've been seeing this guy for a while now (about six months), I really like him and it's been a while since I've felt this way about someone.  We talk just about everyday, I think about him damn near constantly, we went on a trip together not too long ago and for the first time...I feel like all the feelings I have for someone else are being fully reciprocated. As lovely as it all sounds, this is somewhat scary to a cynical faggot like myself who quickly notices someone's flaws and has no problem ghosting a nigga the minute I feel like I see a red flag.

About a week ago, he asked me where do I see "this" (us) going and I told him I that didn't have an answer for him. He didn't seem upset then, but now he's hitting me with one word responses when I text him and doesn't want to hang out anymore when I ask.

I feel bad, but then again I don't because why the fuck is he so worked up over something that isn't totally concrete yet? :uhh:

I think after 6 months you should have at least some sort of idea of what you'd like going forward. You don't have to commit then and there but something just a bit stronger than I'll let ya know lol.

Perhaps your cynicism is getting in the way? That's no shade tho! :dead: I'm pretty pessimistic myself and all men are trash in my eyes until they put in the time and effort to prove otherwise.

Take some time to think about what you want & y'all should have an open discussion. Communication is always a good thing, especially in this day and age where people get tight over the most ridiculous shit.

Navyman

Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on August 19, 2018, 12:13:56 AM
Men are garbage stay single and keep your money and your sanity. Best way of life.
I have been telling myself that all day today. I don't seem to have problems until I add other people into the equation. :melmel:

yummy

Quote from: red skin on August 19, 2018, 12:22:28 AM
I think I see what you're saying. Once you begin answering those questions and getting into those conversations, the relationship can go from dating to a commitment. Then the game changes completely - the obligations, etc.

What are the things you like about him? It sounds like you're excited with the interest being reciprocated and that's understandable, especially if you've dealt with guys that were just total nonsense and a complete waste of your time and energy. But do you honestly see a solid future with him? Or is it just the companionship that you enjoy?

Six months is quite a while to be talking to someone. You haven't developed a solid opinion of him overall yet?

Something tells me that because of your challenges with men before, you may have a bit of a wall up. And that's understandable. This could be a "So Hard" type of situation , though. He sounds like a good guy.

I was thinking it might just be a companionship too, but I've never really been desperate for that  :dead: I can enjoy being myself just fine, maybe a bit too much tbh

As far as what I like about him, he's got great taste in everything from music to movies, he's very laid back and sweet, he never seems to let anything get him too worked up (which is why his reaction caught me way off guard) and he's fucking gorgeous. We could just be watching a movie or he's tell about something that happened at work and I'll look at him like  :ohwow:

I wanna let him in completely, but it's still kinda nerve-racking for me.  :plzstop:

yummy

Quote from: emzen on August 19, 2018, 12:27:43 AM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on August 19, 2018, 12:04:18 AM

I think after 6 months you should have at least some sort of idea of what you'd like going forward. You don't have to commit then and there but something just a bit stronger than I'll let ya know lol.

Perhaps your cynicism is getting in the way? That's no shade tho! :dead: I'm pretty pessimistic myself and all men are trash in my eyes until they put in the time and effort to prove otherwise.

Take some time to think about what you want & y'all should have an open discussion. Communication is always a good thing, especially in this day and age where people get tight over the most ridiculous shit.

Yea, I'm ready to just lay all my cards and let whatever happens happen

As much as the nerves are there, I don't wanna sit around thinking what if...

emzen

Yea, sadly, if you want a man you're gonna have to open up eventually.

It's fucking disgusting imo but w/e