Things get a lil tense between Tamera & Jeannie

Started by Kalifornia., September 22, 2018, 12:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalifornia.

September 22, 2018, 12:16:20 AM Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:16:38 AM by Kalifornia

Who do you agree with?

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

jeanie was talkin shit
shes basically sayin make characters gay  so kids will know
and thats dumb

kids do not view it from that lense

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

LOONA.

Tamera is unraveling

Her marriage is gonna end in shambles     

Kaeli.

Tamera was so extra

OKAY GWORL! :uhh:

I?m glad Jeannie is finally standing up for herself a bit tho... just wish she could?ve done it with Tamar.

Kaeli.

But also, I don?t remember Sesame Street even having couples in general so I?m not really sure why a gay one is being emphasized tbh

Kalifornia.

Tamera was being so rude & extra

These faces she?s making while Jeannie is talking

Rxxf

BRANDY

Kalifornia.

I see points on both sides though. 3 & 4 year old kids don?t usually care about all that.

However, if they?re gonna show Kermit & Piggy all boo?d up then why can?t there be a gay couple?

Rxxf

September 22, 2018, 12:36:18 AM #8 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:37:22 AM by Rxxf
If they're not gay, they're not gay
I don't think we should argue that

Creating a gay character would be fine
That would have helped ME... at that age.
Cause I sure knew I had a liking for boys more, even before five years old.

That does not mean I knew about SEX. But I knew I liked boys.
People need to stop acting like kids don't have an inkling.
BRANDY

BrokenHeartsHeal

Both made points.

And Always thought they were faggots, just didn't know the terminology.  :letsmessfag:

FRANCE

Jeanie was talking all kinda shit. If the creators of Bert and Ernie say they arent gay, how is that a bad thing? They just...aren't. That doesnt mean he's saying being gay is a bad thing. Sorry, gotta agree with Tamera on this one. Sesame Street dont have the responsibility of teaching kids that gay is okay. And tbh, I hate when some TV shows these days simply add a gay character just to appease the audience and pull in from the gay audience, most of which are typically a stereotypical role.

Rxxf

Quote from: Kalifornia on September 22, 2018, 12:35:56 AM
I see points on both sides though. 3 & 4 year old kids don?t usually care about all that.

However, if they?re gonna show Kermit & Piggy all boo?d up then why can?t there be a gay couple?

Excellent point.

It'd be different if they didn't show no signs of 'liking someone in that way' on the show at all. But they did.
BRANDY

b7

Tamera lowkey seems homophobic and always has tho. certain faces she makes when they have trans women or flamboyant gay men on the show are very obvious. 

No wonder Tahj and her fem cousin never came out

FRANCE

Quote from: Rxxf on September 22, 2018, 12:38:52 AM
Quote from: Kalifornia on September 22, 2018, 12:35:56 AM

Excellent point.

It'd be different if they didn't show no signs of 'liking someone in that way' on the show at all. But they did.

But Kermit and Piggy never appeared on Sesame Street. That's a different show - The Muppets.

Rxxf

I think a character having two mommies or two daddies could help, tho.

I mean, I NEVER thought of myself getting married growing up.
And I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I never saw two men getting married.
Granted, it was illegal... I know.
BRANDY