THE BRANDY CURSE

Started by lovechild, November 10, 2015, 03:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovechild

so I was talking to a friend of mine who is constantly trying to get me into jojo, tanashe, sevyn , etc etc , he is always sending me songs and i can admit that these girls are clearly talented but I feel like being a stan of Brandy for so long has been a gift and a curse. A gift because obviously she is in my opinion the best vocalist of my generation and a curse because I am not easily impressed or moved by other female singers. I think to myself brandy would have done that better, or she would have done better harmonies , or her adlibs would have been sicker, OR I can hear the brandy influence. I love india arie, erykah badu, amel larrieux , a few girls that are in their own lane...but this new wave of r&b singers...I just can't fall in love with them.

Does anyone else have this same experience? Its exhausting because as we know Brandy takes her time to release and rightfully so , she creates a WORLD within her albums.. and i am just not moved by other girls.

RekeRig

Lol yes.  my ears are spoiled 

but i can appreciate girls like Sevyn, Dawn and Tinashe. They're very talented in their own right and i definitely give everyone a chance.  I just dont go up for female singers as much, outside of a select few, and I've always been like that. They have to really be special because the ones i grew up on >>>>>

there will never be another Toni, Brandy, Mariah, etc.

Vonc2002

Ummmmm no because I can appreciate every artist for their own gifts. I feel sorry for all u fans that sit around waiting for brandy or comparing any and every artist to her
*stares at fckn tarig*
:usuresis:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: RIG on November 10, 2015, 04:01:16 PM

but i can appreciate girls like Sevyn, Dawn and Tinashe. They're very talented in their own right and i definitely give everyone a chance.  I just dont go up for female singers as much, outside of a select few, and I've always been like that. They have to really be special because the ones i grew up on >>>>>

f
Figures lolz
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

lovechild

Quote from: RIG on November 10, 2015, 04:01:16 PM

RIIIIGHT !!! its like...these new girls are real CUTE...but they aren't EPIC to me, they aren't super stars. I listen to NSN, full moon, afo and im like wtf...like these are masterpieces , the stuff she does vocally, how she emotes, for me nobody makes me feel like THAT .. so idk what to really do about that ? lol i like banks and a few girls but its not the same . yes toni and mariah are also originals

Zankou.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 10, 2015, 04:03:05 PM
Ummmmm no because I can appreciate every artist for their own gifts. I feel sorry for all u fans that sit around waiting for brandy or comparing any and every artist to her
*stares at fckn tarig*

I KNEW you were going to say this  :kii:

Vonc2002

If y'all aren't feeling anything from other artists then u need to broaden your horizons because there are PLENTY that make amazing music. I love brandy but yea music doesn't begin and end with her. Poor y'all lolz

lovechild

*stares at fckn tarig*

hey thats awesome , i wish i had your taste in music , because unfortunately other girls just dont DO IT for me. I get my life from a few girls tho ( lauryn hill, erykah , jill scott, amel larrieux , tweet,india arie) but for me ...Brandy is the absolute best..& I feel i have excellent taste in music

Vonc2002

Quote from: Zankou. on November 10, 2015, 04:07:02 PM
*stares at fckn tarig*

I KNEW you were going to say this  :kii:
Tell that tall faggot to get back in here cause I ain't fckn DONE
:fuming:

MelMel

Quote from: lovechild on November 10, 2015, 04:08:53 PM
*stares at fckn tarig*

hey thats awesome , i wish i had your taste in music , because unfortunately other girls just dont DO IT for me. I get my life from a few girls tho ( lauryn hill, erykah , jill scott, amel larrieux , tweet,india arie) but for me ...Brandy is the absolute best..& I feel i have excellent taste in music

he likes Rihanna. Pay his ass no mind  :)

Vonc2002

*stares at fckn tarig*
lauryn hill, erykah , jill scott, amel larrieux , tweet,india arie
Wow, that sucks cause none of these bitches release regularly

lovechild

Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 10, 2015, 04:08:05 PM
If y'all aren't feeling anything from other artists then u need to broaden your horizons because there are PLENTY that make amazing music. I love brandy but yea music doesn't begin and end with her. Poor y'all lolz

also i am not stating that brandy is the only artist that makes amazing music, im stating that for me brandy does something very special and it makes it harder for me to enjoy another artist genius..i have to really TRY to get into another female artist , vs immediately feeling that love

lovechild

Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 10, 2015, 04:11:33 PM
*stares at fckn tarig*
lauryn hill, erykah , jill scott, amel larrieux , tweet,india arie
Wow, that sucks cause none of these bitches release regularly

:stressed: exactly

Vonc2002

Quote from: MelMel on November 10, 2015, 04:10:39 PM
*stares at fckn tarig*

he likes Rihanna. Pay his ass no mind  :)
f
Aren't u a fckn shitney spears fan? Whenever that bitch tightens those bolts and screws long enough to release something, it sucks LOLZ!

lovechild