THE BRANDY CURSE

Started by lovechild, November 10, 2015, 03:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: lovechild on November 10, 2015, 03:57:29 PM
so I was talking to a friend of mine who is constantly trying to get me into jojo, tanashe, sevyn , etc etc , he is always sending me songs and i can admit that these girls are clearly talented but I feel like being a stan of Brandy for so long has been a gift and a curse. A gift because obviously she is in my opinion the best vocalist of my generation and a curse because I am not easily impressed or moved by other female singers. I think to myself brandy would have done that better, or she would have done better harmonies , or her adlibs would have been sicker, OR I can hear the brandy influence. I love india arie, erykah badu, amel larrieux , a few girls that are in their own lane...but this new wave of r&b singers...I just can't fall in love with them.

Does anyone else have this same experience? Its exhausting because as we know Brandy takes her time to release and rightfully so , she creates a WORLD within her albums.. and i am just not moved by other girls.

i understand one of my friends who is a few years younger is swears by tinashe and all these new girls and tries to get me into them as well.  Tells me to like someone new but im like but brandy is better.. but yeah brandy is better its hard to find someone new who just slays as much as bran

Vonc2002

Quote from: RIG on November 10, 2015, 04:22:07 PM
Vonc' nigger get in here and sing wit meh

And all the pretty little things that held
Us together now are falling down
Turn to wicked little things that can
Seem to find the beauty in the bed

I'm sorry but this bitch is CREEPY!
But yea pretty wicked things>>>>>>>
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RekeRig

Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 10, 2015, 04:25:11 PM
Quote from: RIG on November 10, 2015, 04:22:07 PM
Vonc' nigger get in here and sing wit meh

And all the pretty little things that held
Us together now are falling down
Turn to wicked little things that can
Seem to find the beauty in the bed

I'm sorry but this bitch is CREEPY!
But yea pretty wicked things>>>>>>>
v;v;'b
vbv

Phantom

I can't get into alot of the new girls but I do enjoy others besides Brandy. Not as much, but I do enjoy.

Bentley!

November 10, 2015, 04:38:19 PM #34 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:38:54 PM by Bentley!
Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 10, 2015, 04:08:05 PM
If y'all aren't feeling anything from other artists then u need to broaden your horizons because there are PLENTY that make amazing music. I love brandy but yea music doesn't begin and end with her. Poor y'all lolz
I gotta kinda.. Yea agree!

Because between Adele, Lana and even Tweet slow self
I am fulFILLED

Brandy has that gift, but :dead: sis don't expect me to wait and be miserable

There's so much beauty in a lot of artists. And most aren't even mainstream.

lovechild

exactly..im not saying brandy is the only talented female in the industry . Im just saying shes the best in her category ...in my opinion...its like growing up on stevie wonder and being expected to live for trey songs...its like...yes trey is cute..but ch

Bentley!

sssssssssssss
Who said Don tho? :dead:

Not agreeing with that. I don't like ha!

Some of her older music snatched
She still owes Best Western that money tho

Vonc2002

Quote from: Bentley! on November 10, 2015, 04:41:12 PM
sssssssssssss
Who said Don tho? :dead:

Not agreeing with that. I don't like ha!

Some of her older music snatched
She still owes Best Western that money tho
I heard that adele's new 25 mess is an ode to fckn food, fat bitch
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RekeRig

I cant listen to Bran ALL the time. especially when im annoyed with her taking so long

I like to take breaks with her and then binge on a random day :dead: i love all kinds of music. Arab singers, Country, Alternative. there's too much out there to be strapped down by one genre. All R&B would get on my nerves sssd

JRocka

Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 10, 2015, 04:03:05 PM
Ummmmm no because I can appreciate every artist for their own gifts. I feel sorry for all u fans that sit around waiting for brandy or comparing any and every artist to her
*stares at fckn tarig*
:usuresis:

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

There are still lots of talented artists, you just need to step outside of the box and broaden your horizons. Lianne La Havas is one that is extremely talented and gifted. Annie Lennox is also gifted as well.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

throwintheTAL

BranLover

Quote from: RIG on November 10, 2015, 04:01:16 PM
Lol yes.  my ears are spoiled 

but i can appreciate girls like Sevyn, Dawn and Tinashe. They're very talented in their own right and i definitely give everyone a chance.  I just dont go up for female singers as much, outside of a select few, and I've always been like that. They have to really be special because the ones i grew up on >>>>>

there will never be another Toni, Brandy, Mariah, etc.

!!!!!!!

lovechild

Quote from: Jay. on November 10, 2015, 08:44:14 PM
There are still lots of talented artists, you just need to step outside of the box and broaden your horizons. Lianne La Havas is one that is extremely talented and gifted. Annie Lennox is also gifted as well.
[/quote

Ive loved liana for years
I also love India Shawn , solange ,Kelis ,Erykah , Jill , tink, jasmine sullivan ,Nicole wray , Jhene aiko ,to name a few . As I said I have great taste in music and I'm open to all genres of music . My personal favorite is r&b and my argument here is that to me brandy has something very special which makes it harder for me to  LIVE with the newer girls