Re: Snippet of New Music from Bran
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2018, 09:36:16 PM »
Don’t chew my head off I know Brandy is known for her beautiful harmonies and backgrounds but it just sounds too full. It’s hard to understand the words because your so distracted by all the layers and every snippet has sounded this way. The My Friend snippet sounds dope tho.

Sounds like more music that won’t translate well live.
Like most of the Afro album tbh, That’s why I appreciated Without You last era. That vocal styling works for her. Not all these bulky backs..

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2018, 09:37:35 PM »
I’m so confused by this “music.”

Hopefully it’s in English when it’s released.
wtf

:dead:

It's Brandynese
And if we have that language, we have a good album

I can understand the lyrics on just about every Brandy song/feature that’s been on an official album, with the exception of Kanye’s BMD. This just sounds like noise.

Rxxf

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2018, 09:39:35 PM »

wtf

It's Brandynese

I can understand the lyrics on just about every Brandy song/feature that’s been on an official album, with the exception of Kanye’s BMD. This just sounds like noise.

In all honesty, I think it's MEANT to sound like that at this moment.

The HQ will be clear.

Love

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »
Don’t chew my head off I know Brandy is known for her beautiful harmonies and backgrounds but it just sounds too full. It’s hard to understand the words because your so distracted by all the layers and every snippet has sounded this way. The My Friend snippet sounds dope tho.

Sounds like more music that won’t translate well live.
Like most of the Afro album tbh, That’s why I appreciated Without You last era. That vocal styling works for her. Not all these bulky backs..

When it comes to all the layers, it’s nice for a few album tracks, but the general public is not going to get attached to a single like that. Less is better sometimes. All these layers do is drown out mediocre production.

M

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2018, 09:39:43 PM »
yeah, I agree. It might be the ending, tho. What's " My Friend"?

Vonc2002

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2018, 09:39:59 PM »
I see this tho.  Brandy has made that an issue alot I'm her music imo. That's one of the reasons i dont like full moon.  A bunch of noise going on and her voice isnt the focal point. I know shes made harmonies her thing but i think she goes too far alot too. Just SING sometimes. I dont need all these other sounds and voices going on all the time

I’d say AFRO was worse with the amount of vocal layers.

I thought this new album was going to be “raw” and more organic. Sounds like that idea was scrapped.
Well i liked the vibe on afro and i didn't mind it there.  Full moon was literally gears grinding and plates breaking. Just NOISE for no fckn reason.  Hate it
Im no fan of Brandy's until she gives me a reason to be. Release the fckn album and we'll SEE!
Current Mood

Rxxf

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2018, 09:40:03 PM »
And I still don't know what sis is sayin' on BRING ME DOWN

Love

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2018, 09:40:29 PM »

wtf

It's Brandynese

In all honesty, I think it's MEANT to sound like that at this moment.

The HQ will be clear.

Hope so.

Rxxf

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2018, 09:40:31 PM »
I see this tho.  Brandy has made that an issue alot I'm her music imo. That's one of the reasons i dont like full moon.  A bunch of noise going on and her voice isnt the focal point. I know shes made harmonies her thing but i think she goes too far alot too. Just SING sometimes. I dont need all these other sounds and voices going on all the time

I thought this new album was going to be “raw” and more organic. Sounds like that idea was scrapped.
Well i liked the vibe on afro and i didn't mind it there.  Full moon was literally gears grinding and plates breaking. Just NOISE for no fckn reason.  Hate it

:cmerefag:

Love

Vonc2002

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2018, 09:41:50 PM »
But that was a VOCAL right there. 
Im no fan of Brandy's until she gives me a reason to be. Release the fckn album and we'll SEE!
Current Mood

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2018, 09:42:00 PM »

I watched the MTV Special when she was in the studio recording it, and I still don’t know what the hell she was saying. Maybe it was the hypnotiq or whatever she was drinking.

Young

• ❤️💛💚💙💜🖤💖

Vonc2002

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2018, 09:43:27 PM »
I still like this tho but i can see what ol boy is saying
Current Mood

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »

FM was a vibe and a sound like nothing that came before it. I understand why it’s hard for some people to get into it. AFRO was a decent album. But Brandy finally opened her mouth again on FM.

D.I.E.G.O.

• Here we go.
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2018, 09:45:43 PM »

I watched the MTV Special when she was in the studio recording it, and I still don’t know what the hell she was saying. Maybe it was the hypnotiq or whatever she was drinking.

!!! I thought she was slurring.
 :plzstop: