Janet Jackson and Radiohead Lead Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2019

Started by Lazarus, December 13, 2018, 08:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Cowgirl

Quote from: Lazarus on December 13, 2018, 08:05:21 AM
Janet Jackson and Radiohead Lead Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2019

Janet Jackson, Radiohead, Def Leppard and Stevie Nicks will join the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame next year at its 34th annual induction ceremony, along with the Cure, Roxy Music and the Zombies, the organization announced on Thursday.

The class of 2019, which will formally enter the pantheon on March 29 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, represents a varied cross-section of the last half-century of pop music, with giants of classic and alternative rock, as well as a couple of acts from zones that the hall still glances at only occasionally: dance music and crowd-pleasing 1980s pop-metal.

The seven inductees ? the biggest class since 2004 ? are mostly uncontroversial choices, which may help the hall duck the criticism it has often received because of its opaque internal politics. Three acts ? Def Leppard, Roxy Music and Nicks ? were accepted the first time they appeared on the ballot, while Radiohead and the Cure made it in the second time around.

The artists who didn?t make the cut, including LL Cool J, Kraftwerk and the funk band Rufus, say as much about the makeup of the hall as those that did. Here are some of the themes and inevitable squabbles of the latest Rock Hall class.
This fucking Queen!!

:gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire:

Cowgirl

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 13, 2018, 08:20:29 AM
Baph, get tf in hea and BOW, bitch
I didn?t even care much about this but I?m just realizing how epic this is.
:ack:

Lazarus

I hope Rufus & Chaka Khan gets inducted next year. I was rooting for them.

Freemala Harris

:stressed: I love this damn legend

And Stevie Knicks booked as well

ackkkkk

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw