It's really fuck Nicki year huh?

Started by ton, July 07, 2018, 04:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

🦚

Nnnn at those eye brows. They didn?t even attempt to give it a 3D look.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

ton

Quote from: Sl?iz Richie on July 07, 2018, 04:29:49 PM
Nnnn at those eye brows. They didn?t even attempt to give it a 3D look.
I'm crying

BAPHOMET.

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Vonc2002

Quote from: Redskin on July 07, 2018, 04:14:56 PM
Her name is like oxygen. Just everywhere.

f
Everywhere except the damn charts
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Quote from: Guilty on July 07, 2018, 04:20:56 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on July 07, 2018, 04:19:31 PM
Quote from: Guilty on July 07, 2018, 04:15:05 PM
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

omg who put a vex on her?
ncncnncncm who do you think? Ndndnncncncncn once Nicki responded to Azealia?s DMs, it allowed her spirit and voodoo to trickle on in
:ohwow:
I mean it kinda explains the L's Banks has been taking
You can't send a vex mess without it messing with you too
oop. makes sense and i agree

i totally believe in Karma in that way as well. Niciki put sooooo much nasty energy out into the atmosphere, that it was bound to humble her a bit. Whether or not she takes it in stride and learns from it is another thing, but life will humble us ALL, a time or two. No one is immune

b7

Quote from: Redskin on July 07, 2018, 05:16:33 PM
And I just realized how much of a trend chaser Christina really is.

She did the whole "Dirrty" mess when urban music was hot

Then switched back to a white Madonna tea when Lady Gaga was running the scene.
Not myself tonight!!!!! :rudone:

Now she tip toed back over to knock with rap features since being hood is in again. Gor.
vvcvcvcvcvcv to her credit, Back to Basics may not have been original, but that 40s sound that she went for was pretty dope. Thats one time I'll say she truly stepped outside of the current radio box

Dirrty could have buried her ass tho sdsdsdsds im still shocked she went straight from Genie in a vottle to that  :kii:

b7

Quote from: Redskin on July 07, 2018, 05:21:29 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on July 07, 2018, 05:19:33 PM
Quote from: Redskin on July 07, 2018, 05:16:33 PM
And I just realized how much of a trend chaser Christina really is.

She did the whole "Dirrty" mess when urban music was hot

Then switched back to a white Madonna tea when Lady Gaga was running the scene.
Not myself tonight!!!!! :rudone:

Now she tip toed back over to knock with rap features since being hood is in again. Gor.
vvcvcvcvcvcv to her credit, Back to Basics may not have been original, but that 40s sound that she went for was pretty dope. Thats one time I'll say she truly stepped outside of the current radio box

Dirrty could have buried her ass tho sdsdsdsds im still shocked she went straight from Genie in a vottle to that  :kii:
I'm not shocked.

Back then shock value/factor was huge. We hadn't seen it all, just yet.

Her history reads as an artist who does what she needs to do in order to keep up with trends. Not Myself Tonight alone is enough evidence to close the case on that with her - in regard to her commitment to individuality.

But yeah the Snickers bar mess she did was different.
:udontlookok:

keepin it one hunned'! boy i oughta ...

Jon

LOONA.

'ology

Quote from: Redskin on July 07, 2018, 05:13:55 PM
I posted this in that old thread but it's relevant to this one as well.

Quote from: Redskin on July 07, 2018, 05:07:18 PM
Nicki definitely deserves a pat on the back, though.

For her to be out in her prime at a time when Taylor, Lady Gaga and Katy - polar opposites of her as an artist- were literally running the scene....

In other words, out at a time when hip-hop artists were fighting a losing battle with Whiteness on the charts, she still did her thing. Tried her best to conform and adjust to make her coin and kept it pushing.

Now it's "in" to be ghetto. No Lady Gaga's or Katy's in the way of urban artists getting their shine on the charts. In fact, you now find pop artists getting hood and urban in an attempt to fit in (see: Christina's latest mess).

So it'd be a lie to say Nicki didn't face obstacles during her prime that hip-hop artists in 2018 don't really have.

Yeah, Kim and Lauryn got their #1's as well, but it was also at another time in music history where urban music was popping. We actually had R&B artists on the Hot 100. Even R&B groups on the Hot 100 doing their thing.

You just cannot fairly compare her run in the industry to that of her predecessors or contemporaries without taking that all into account.
Z
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!