‘Cosmopolitan’ Crowns Tyla the Goddess of Pop

Started by Lazarus, May 01, 2024, 09:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

crime mob

Today at 07:26:58 PM #30 Last Edit: Today at 07:30:13 PM by crime mob
Quote from: BruceTruMusicFan on Today at 07:20:10 PM
Quote from: crime mob on May 01, 2024, 02:01:51 PMOne being "colored" automatically brings the civil rights era / racism to minds of black Americans

It's safe to say we collectively feel no self-respecting black person will call themselves "colored".

But "coloured" has nothing to do with that in South Africa . It's literally the name of a group of people in SA who are of combined African, East Asian, Indian, and European ancestry.

The way those name were derived I am sure were founded on the same racism as the US calling Black people "colored". The only difference is that they did not have a one drop rule, so their mixed population moved into a separate race. I would imagine if allowed, ours would have done the same.
that's possible but in any case the group of people in South Africa with that specific ancestry claimed it and made it their own.

"colored" in America means/meant Black - of one ethnic group (African-American)

"coloured" in SA means multiethnic / multiracial. it's not the same definition in 2024

it's socially acceptable to say "coloured" in SA. as in, the people who are being referred to embrace and use it to identify themselves. just as Tyla proudly does.

it is NOT socially acceptable to say "colored" in America in 2024. as in, it is now outdated and Black Americans will be offended if someone calls us that.

that's my point. that's where the disconnect is - where many Black Americans are asking "why tf is this bitch calling herself colored?"

Ma Lo

Ma Lo

Quote from: crime mob on May 02, 2024, 11:43:15 AM
Quote from: Kalifornia. on May 02, 2024, 11:08:29 AM
Quote from: Young on May 01, 2024, 04:30:25 PM

Princess already got a Gram'. Not everyone has THAT lol.
true

lil birdie told me Jan still waitin on hers

Where is Nicki's here there nowhere??????