Funny how niggas want to play the race card (Bey and Adele mess)

Started by 4 fucking k, February 14, 2017, 05:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHOKE

Quote from: Demm_ on February 14, 2017, 07:54:52 PM
Quote from: tustunnugee. on February 14, 2017, 06:33:31 PM
And it's no shade
But we are always waiting for a bone to be thrown from a pale hand... The smallest part of me wishes that Adele didn't do that speech .

It was like.. Ok the committee didn't throw ur black ass a bone so let me be ur white hero and do it! :cheerup: :stressed:

The gesture was nice but Fas doesn't need her patronizing. It's almost like she felt obligated to soothe the little black girls wound. Made me cringe a bit especially when she started talking about her black friends.

She did it with the greatest intention but it's a prime example of white guilt. That was Adeles moment that she worked hard for, and she had to spend it making sure she said the right thing to avoid a lashing from black twitter. It's late and unfair to both fas and Adele.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. I said the same thing...Beyonc? has 21 Grammys.

B-)

FINE.

And it's no shade
But we are always waiting for a bone to be thrown from a pale hand... The smallest part of me wishes that Adele didn't do that speech .

It was like.. Ok the committee didn't throw ur black ass a bone so let me be ur white hero and do it! :cheerup: :stressed:

The gesture was nice but Fas doesn't need her patronizing. It's almost like she felt obligated to soothe the little black girls wound. Made me cringe a bit especially when she started talking about her black friends.

She did it with the greatest intention but it's a prime example of white guilt. That was Adeles moment that she worked hard for, and she had to spend it making sure she said the right thing to avoid a lashing from black twitter. It's late and unfair to both fas and Adele.
n

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on February 14, 2017, 06:52:27 PM
Quote from: ?quababe. on February 14, 2017, 06:45:49 PM
Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on February 14, 2017, 06:38:22 PM
Quote from: pettypatty on February 14, 2017, 06:27:15 PM
Where is this black empowerment on "lemonade" ya'll speak about?

Besides hot sauce and Jackson 5 nostrils?

sssssss

Other than that it's a typical urban album  :dead:
:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

the gorls really RAN with the Superbowl performance too!
ugh .. it was horrible, they were regarding her like MLK

like ... they've never thought to ask themselves...
hmmm what kinda statement is it to say "you better call Becky with the good hair"

um .. WHY sis ... you just showed up to the Grammys with a headful of Becky's hair
not a braid or fro or Black Panther suit in SIGHT :dead:

nnnnvvvv this illogical though.

black women have the capacity to do whatever they want with their hair. could she have possibly worn her yaki just because she WANTED to?
s

possibly, but I find it funny how she played on that whole "I love my blackness" motif
when we all know that's not her

Well just with her parents alone u know she grew up with some colorism issues
But when u look at her track record there has always been an underlying black pride theme

But i think its when she had her child that her black pride kicked in a bit more
She wants to set a good example for ha (ivy)

And i dont think anyone who displays black conscience came out the gate pumping their black fist it was a gradual thing

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Bougi?. on February 14, 2017, 08:03:29 PM
And it's no shade

n

Or adelle is just a white withoutbthe baggage of american history
And feels free to express her truths

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Harlem

U know what talkin about fume, I'm still livid Jazmine didn't win not 1 Grammy she was nominated for in '09... now THAT was some BS

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Well, the thing that I personally think that a lot of people don't understand is that Adele is a Beyonce stan and adores her. Her speech was genuine and straight from the heart. Watch her interview with the press after the Grammys. She kept praising her and kept stating that she deserved that award and even said "What the fuck does she have to do to get Album of the Year"? Adele was pissed about the whole thing.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

RAY7

This is sad
The Hive really has y'all shook
not overlooking the truth that the Grammys keep all Black ppl in the Urban categories because y'all faves lost to her. How bitter and crabs in a barrel-ish

No one is painting Bey as a "victim" either
of course she's great and probably ecstatic about her 2 awards
however the fact that as the most popular Black artist out
and she still can't win after 3 nods
while Taylor and Adele have 2 each pretty much sends the message loud and clear
not to mention Drake had like the biggest selling album of 2016 and lost to Adele too
and last time Bey lost to Beck who is no ones superstar
The committee will do anything to skip us negros in the general field

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: AYR on February 14, 2017, 11:32:53 PM
This is sad
The Hive really has y'all shook
not overlooking the truth that the Grammys keep all Black ppl in the Urban categories because y'all faves lost to her. How bitter and crabs in a barrel-ish

No one is painting Bey as a "victim" either
of course she's great and probably ecstatic about her 2 awards
however the fact that as the most popular Black artist out
and she still can't win after 3 nods
while Taylor and Adele have 2 each pretty much sends the message loud and clear
not to mention Drake had like the biggest selling album of 2016 and lost to Adele too
and last time Bey lost to Beck who is no ones superstar
The committee will do anything to skip us negros in the general field
Boy.... Beck is a legend. Wtf.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"