M O N I C A - Ack! You wanna talk about a slay???

Started by Young, June 27, 2015, 05:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign.

"Code Red" lacked in cohesion. It's definitely her most risky album sonically and there were strong vocal moments (definitely not the vocal she was giving the era prior), but it's...forgettable af. I still supported. "After the Storm" still remains superior.

Sovereign.

I really need Monica to give us an ALBUM though. She's the only one of her peer group to not deliver that flawless ass album. Something unique to her.  Top to bottom.

Lazarus

Code Red sucks.

TBIM,ATS & TMOM are her best albums

Sovereign.

TBIM singles > the album.

"Ring Da Bell" is flawless though.

GLOCK

Quote from: Saeed. on September 24, 2017, 10:38:49 PM
I really need Monica to give us an ALBUM though. She's the only one of her peer group to not deliver that flawless ass album. Something unique to her.  Top to bottom.
still standing is perfect
Not sure why this doesn?t get the respect it deserves but it really is amazing

MelMel

Quote from: Scott. on September 24, 2017, 10:01:00 PM
Quote from: MARS. on September 24, 2017, 08:19:04 PM
That code red song is one of the worst I?ve ever heard. I?m surprised missy even agreed to be featured
horrble
disgusting

Lazarus

Quote from: Saeed. on September 24, 2017, 10:48:35 PM

True the singles are the highlight but I enjoyed the album overall.

Take Him Back>
Gone Be Fine>
I Keep It To Myself>

MelMel

Young

Love TBIM album

Amazing body of work

But I agree I want a FLAWLESS classic comeback album

Young

Her discography is among the best in R&B tho

Sovereign.

Quote from: G L O C K K K on September 24, 2017, 10:49:02 PM

"Still Standing" is a solid album, but still not influential. There's no reason why Usher, Brandy and Aaliyah all have that ONE opus (in Brandy's case, two) that shifted the culture, but Monica doesn't have hers. It makes me sad tbh. Her albums are good at best. Still waiting for her to produce an excellent body of work.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Saeed. on September 24, 2017, 10:48:35 PM

The same goes for ATS tbh. Monica doesnt have great albums. I like code red better than most of her mess tbh
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: Saeed. on September 24, 2017, 10:54:36 PM
Quote from: G L O C K K K on September 24, 2017, 10:49:02 PM

"Still Standing" is a solid album, but still not influential. There's no reason why Usher, Brandy and Aaliyah all have that ONE opus (in Brandy's case, two) that shifted the culture, but Monica doesn't have hers. It makes me sad tbh. Her albums are good at best. Still waiting for her to produce an excellent body of work.
So true. Monica doesnt have an EXCELLENT album
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

MelMel