First ever black male editor in chief for "Vogue"

Started by FlowerBomb, April 10, 2017, 03:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerBomb

April 10, 2017, 03:24:21 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:10:36 AM by Ms N.Campbell

QuoteEnninful, who has previously worked for Italian and American Vogue, will take over from Alexandra Shulman, who announced her departure in January.

Cond? Nast International's Jonathan Newhouse said Enninful was "an influential figure in the communities of fashion, Hollywood and music".
He is currently the fashion and creative director at W Magazine, where he has worked since 2011.

The 45-year-old will start his new role on 1 August.
Born in Ghana, he moved to the UK and started his fashion career aged 16 when he was spotted by a model scout in London.

He began working alongside the founders of i-D magazine, and was promoted to fashion director aged just 19, a position he held for more than two decades.
He is well connected. Very well. His Twitter profile features him with Michelle Obama.
He was appointed OBE in the Queen's 2016 Birthday Honours for services to diversity in the fashion industry.

Some of the biggest names in fashion have worked with him, including Giorgio Armani, Christian Dior, Dolce and Gabbana, Mulberry, Valentino, Calvin Klein, Fendi, Gucci, Hugo Boss and Missoni.
Cond? Nast praised Enninful's work at Italian Vogue under its late editor, Franca Sozzani, as having "attained landmark status in recent cultural history".

BAPHOMET.

why does he look like what i'd expect them to pick?

FlowerBomb

Young

Young

Quote from: Baphomet. on April 10, 2017, 03:24:52 PM

Someone who looks smart and capable of making history

Yeah

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Young on April 10, 2017, 03:28:04 PM
Quote from: Baphomet. on April 10, 2017, 03:24:52 PM

Someone who looks smart and capable of making history

Yeah

d

He looks slow and his lips are ashy asf. But SLAY!

Im happy for him honestly.

Kurama

GLOCK

sdfdfv

my bruv baph is always looking for a CUTE SLAY .. i get what he means..
but i'm just happy they have a black per' perched.. maybe he can make a difference.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: G SPOT on April 10, 2017, 03:31:32 PM
sdfdfv

my bruv baph is always looking for a CUTE SLAY .. i get what he means..
but i'm just happy they have a black per' perched.. maybe he can make a difference.

can always count on you :sistas: 💖

FlowerBomb

This is huge because Brit vogue is one of the big 4 Vogue along with Paris, Italia and American editions.
We might see more diversity in print and covers