"I get that...um...Africans are sort of very lazy people"

Started by yummy, July 02, 2020, 12:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drogon

Quote from: Snow on tha Bluff. on July 02, 2020, 12:40:46 AM
I get what she's saying. I get nothing from Africa. The food looks gross and the clothes are disgusting.
From what ive seen in there isnt much architecture. Europe is the opposite.

:thatssowendy:

Drogon

Quote from: ton on July 02, 2020, 05:57:12 AM
NZN'xxnxn

these crackers have really convinced everyone Africa is huts and aids

It's just as beautiful as places in other regions of the world

Amazing

I forgive QUEEN.  :stressed:

It was probably just a bad personal experience.

You have to also remember Africa as a whole wasn't as popping back then as it is now.

This was filmed probably a decade or 2 after many countries in Africa had gained independence.

I mean the development and growth in my own country over the past 20 years has been nothing short of crazy.

The lazy comment is ignorant as fuck though.  :usuresis:

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Drogon on July 02, 2020, 08:50:47 AM
I get what she's saying. I get nothing from Africa. The food looks gross and the clothes are disgusting.

:thatssowendy:

The level of COONERY, it's just too much  :plzstop:

Young

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Tired on July 02, 2020, 10:04:32 AM

You have to also remember Africa as a whole wasn't as popping back then as it is now.

This was filmed probably a decade or 2 after many countries in Africa had gained independence.

I mean the development and growth in my own country over the past 20 years has been nothing short of crazy.

what does any of this have to do with them being "lazy"

Cartierline

July 02, 2020, 10:12:38 AM #51 Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:13:07 AM by Cartier X Shabazz
fffff well, I can see where she's coming from. Africa's great but in comparison to Europe, some people are gonna prefer the latter.

It's stupid and misinformed to say Africans are lazy, and that's why Africa hasn't advanced in the way it should have though.

AfroJisiac

Quote from: animmai. on July 02, 2020, 12:14:28 AM
https://twitter.com/ChimGAT/status/1278187142246785024

Tina was NOT here the motherland gorls  :plzstop:

what she said is stupid...
she went to africa expecting it to be somehow like Europe and especially back then.. girl bye... i dont know when it was but it was clearly in the 70s and most of African countries came out of colonization ... so wtf is she talkin' about lol
that's was very stupid..sorry

Cartierline

Quote from: AfroJisiac on July 02, 2020, 10:13:10 AM

she went to africa expecting it to be somehow like Europe and especially back then.. girl bye... i dont know when it was but it was clearly in the 70s and most of African countries came out of colonization ... so wtf is she talkin' about lol
This is a good point actually. Africa was probably even better off in the 70s/80s than it is now.

CHOKE

Quote from: sweet fantasy on July 02, 2020, 08:34:00 AM
That's a good point.

Our generation is def more set on really combatting these ideals that were accepted by the generations before us

The natural hair movement is a great example. Young black women and girls telling their grandmothers from the south, "Yes, my hair IS done. And yes I'm going to the job interview like this. Don't be scared for me. I got this."

Amazing

Quote from: Jayda X on July 02, 2020, 10:10:33 AM
Quote from: Tired on July 02, 2020, 10:04:32 AM

what does any of this have to do with them being "lazy"

It's a minute long video and she used the lazy word once. I'm referencing the whole video and everything she said not just the controversial comment she made.

Dr Naomi Campbell

and what African country do you come from
You're from the Isle of Man :disgusted:

Amazing

Quote from: Jayda X on July 02, 2020, 10:17:51 AM
and what African country do you come from
You're from the Isle of Man :disgusted:

Are we going there for the millionth time.  :disgusted:

AfroJisiac

July 02, 2020, 10:20:44 AM #59 Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:25:24 AM by AfroJisiac
Quote from: Cartier X Shabazz on July 02, 2020, 10:13:54 AM
Quote from: AfroJisiac on July 02, 2020, 10:13:10 AM

This is a good point actually. Africa was probably even better off in the 70s/80s than it is now.
i mean they just started to get on their own feet, to get organized and to start developping ... so to compare them to Europe was a whole lotta stupidity...aaaaaand fashion at that !   Tina gurl esdtfyguhijgf   
i mean what did she expect ...?! maybe i'm missing her point but gurl..   
ok u dont like the food... ok good! but Sis if u went to africa (especially back then) and expected to be "inspired" by "european kinda fashion", Great hotels, cars and planes...girl... u went there for the wrong reasons...

ugh.. i loved this bitch but this is no no !