Brandy Interview: New Music, Going Independent, Finding Herself During Break

Started by Buddha, May 08, 2017, 11:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerBomb

wizzy

i looove that she said shes gonna bring her rnb/soul into any song, not just make rnb music

GYNandTONIC

I really enjoyed the interview! She sounds grounded and measured but not PC.

I'm a different type of Brandy fan. I enjoy her as a whole not solely as a singer, so she's done a okay job keeping me entertained until she releases. I haven't cared about charts since Afro. Sonically I'm never concerned because I'm always floored by her artistry. Her image is what consistently irks me. I can handle her breaks because I can sit with her albums for extended periods, which i cant do with other female singers projects. I honestly don't think I could handle a new Brandy album every year, I just need that time.

What I will say is that she has to find a way to get her base adjusted to how she moves and speaks today. It's def different, but I was far more irritated by the humble baby Bran mess. I welcome the petty, unfiltered Brandy. I don't think it's done any damage to the general audience , but she's put a bad taste in some (a small amount) of her die hard fans mouth.  So fans have become less invested, which isn't good before any release.

Admin

QuoteR&B as a whole is not in a good place. Nobody is really trying to hold the genre down right now. All the artists are following each other.
This is so true!

Aalonso.

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on May 09, 2017, 07:48:00 AM
I really enjoyed the interview! She sounds grounded and measured but not PC.

I'm a different type of Brandy fan. I enjoy her as a whole not solely as a singer, so she's done a okay job keeping me entertained until she releases. I haven't cared about charts since Afro. Sonically I'm never concerned because I'm always floored by her artistry. Her image is what consistently irks me. I can handle her breaks because I can sit with her albums for extended periods, which i cant do with other female singers projects. I honestly don't think I could handle a new Brandy album every year, I just need that time.

What I will say is that she has to find a way to get her base adjusted to how she moves and speaks today. It's def different, but I was far more irritated by the humble baby Bran mess. I welcome the petty, unfiltered Brandy. I don't think it's done any damage to the general audience , but she's put a bad taste in some (a small amount) of her die hard fans mouth.  So fans have become less invested, which isn't good before any release.

I dont agree. I think the die hard fans kinda snap back into line immediately once something solid happens.

BigDawg

In all honesty I connect more with her music, than her as a person. For me the music tells more of a story than any sound bite she can provide. Don't get me wrong she's cool and I love her, but I am not hanging off of every word she says.

lovechild

I absolutely loved this interview and her tone . She sounds confident and straight to the point . The shy church girl act is just that ... an act . I love how she went there with camper and how she went there with ppl biting her style . I love how she was so straight to the point with 211 !!! Yes bran !! Be authentic !! Now what I will say is it's been 5 years mama ... put out this album . Seems like sir the Baptist is her new Rodney TBH

BORderline

lksdfnlkdn

It's me or she really sounds like Whitney

f
d
f
df
fd

f
Braney

lovechild

I love that she is aware that we are annoyed that it's been so long and that she has to release something soon soon. Best interview we've gotten in years tbh .. been so curious about the EP glad to let it go .. thanks Buddha ... you served us well .To be clear no other journalist would've asked her these questions so be grateful bitches . Nothing about Chicago , Monica , sy'rai etc straight about the music

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: 1RIG on May 09, 2017, 01:00:11 AM
Quote from: GLO' on May 09, 2017, 12:48:49 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on May 08, 2017, 11:53:07 PM
i love that she put out beggin and pleadin even tho that isn't what she was feeling (emotionally) at the
time.
what do u mean bro?
she said that she doesnt feel this way NOW..
but im sure that is what she felt at that time
its not cuz she said it wasn't when she put it out

And I don't think she shaded 2/11, she just doesn't fuck with Rico :dead: clearly. He's shaded her like 30 times

What did Rico Love say about Brandy?

SouravMay

Quote from: MrMoon on May 09, 2017, 08:41:07 AM
lksdfnlkdn

It's me or she really sounds like Whitney

f
d
f
df
fd

f
Braney

I was actually thinking the same
B7

BRockaBaby

authentic bran >>> pc bran.

keep it a buck at ALL times. no time for the extra fluff. People will rock with you if they like you. And if they don't they don't. She shouldn't always have to put on a hat just to make people like her. She was probably in a blah mode from being sick and probably had to PUSH through this interview and wasn't in the mood for the animation. And that's fucking okay. She gave the info, told the truth. The DJ Camper thing was..well..the truth. And i said this a while back, producers get excited and act like something is concrete and sometimes it's not. and she admitted that she went with the mess because she didn't want to put him out but now she's telling the truth. She praised his work but he's just not what she wants right now. and that's ok...