Alessia Cara on Backlash : 'I'm Aware That My Music Wasn't Released Yesterday'

Started by Lazarus, January 29, 2018, 03:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Kaeli.

Quote from: AYR on January 29, 2018, 03:52:45 PM
SZA isn?t really either though
true

but at least her debut album came out recently

Someone said that if u haven?t been nominated for a Grammy before, you can be nominated for BNA, so I guess technically Alessia is eligible

Mel.

If I were her, I wouldn't have addressed anything
let them seethe and perch with your GRAMMY

Lazarus

This was her last shot to be eligible for BNA. Alessia has tried in the past.

RAY7

❄️☃️🌨� Shuji Feels Different 🌨�☃️❄️

As much as I like her, for her to even be nominated in this category was a mess. Her win is enough even bigger joke. Grammys don't mean shit these days.

Lazarus

Eligible

Alessia Cara. The singer/songwriter was allowed in even though her 2015 hit "Here" was a smash. It was certified double platinum by the RIAA on Jan. 7, 2016?nearly nine months before the start of the current eligibility year (Oct. 1, 2016-Sept. 30, 2017). Cara also had another platinum single ("Wild Things") and a gold album (Know-It-All) prior to the start of this eligibility year?a year in which she built on that early success with numerous hits.

BAPHOMET.

and im just looking and this Mexicans album came out in 2015.

:plzstop: the grammys really do hate blacks

GLOCK

This is unfair that she can?t enjoy her moment but they should?ve given it to her years back

But fuck it
It?s her award.

QUEENza will have many more chances to win other grams

Lazarus

Grammy officials will tell you that Best New Artist is the hardest category to get right. In years past, sometimes they've been too lenient about eligibility (Shelby Lynne was on her sixth studio album when she won). Other times, they've been too strict (Richard Marx was knocked out of contention for having had one song on the Nothing in Common soundtrack?an album that wasn't even a hit).

:plzstop: :dead:

RAY7

Quote from: Lazarus on January 29, 2018, 04:00:25 PM

Eligible

Alessia Cara. The singer/songwriter was allowed in even though her 2015 hit "Here" was a smash. It was certified double platinum by the RIAA on Jan. 7, 2016?nearly nine months before the start of the current eligibility year (Oct. 1, 2016-Sept. 30, 2017). Cara also had another platinum single ("Wild Things") and a gold album (Know-It-All) prior to the start of this eligibility year?a year in which she built on that early success with numerous hits.
this doesn?t make sense
they?re saying she had an album before
but I guess you?re new until you smash?