Quincy Jones Shades Taylor Swift's Songwriting: 'We Need Songs, Not Hooks'

Started by Lazarus, January 30, 2018, 01:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Looks like there is about to be some bad blood between Taylor Swift and Quincy Jones.

The famed producer, who has worked with legendary artists such as Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson and Aretha Franklin, had some choice things to say about pop superstar Taylor Swift in his recent interview with GQ.

When asked about Swift by interviewer Chris Heath, Jones reportedly made a face ?somewhere between disapproval and disdain,? and stated, ?We need more songs, man. Fucking songs, not hooks.?

Heath told Jones that ?some people consider her the greatest songwriter of our age,? to which the producer laughed and commented, ?Whatever crumbles your cookie.?

Heath dug a little deeper and inquired what Jones would do if he was producing a record for Swift, with Jones replying, ?I?ll figure something out. Man, the song is the shit -- that?s what people don?t realize. A great song can make the worst singer in the world a star. A bad song can?t be saved by the three best singers in the world. I learned that 50 years ago.?

Jones, who admitted earlier in the interview that he ?always gets in trouble? for talking too much, lived up to the nickname his daughter gave him of LL QJ (Loose Lips Quincy Jones).

Mel.

Who cares about his opinion?
Taylor will continue to do what she does
and continue to make people like him mad about it

NEXT.

Mel.

Jealousy is never a good look
it?s all bad

and I honestly think a lot of people that come for her at jealous of her success
when you?re at the top, a lot of people are gonna hate you for it.

Mel.

And correct me if I?m wrong
but isn?t pop music about great hooks and choruses?

She?s a pop singer, so I guess her music is in the pocket.

b7

This is Quincy Jones. He?s known for saying too much or being the opposite of politically correct

I don?t even necessarily agree with him 100% but he doesn?t have anything to be jealous of sdddd they asked him about her

Scott.

Quote from: Mel on January 30, 2018, 01:56:22 PM
Jealousy is never a good look
it?s all bad

and I honestly think a lot of people that come for her at jealous of her success
when you?re at the top, a lot of people are gonna hate you for it.
Quincy has absolutely NO reason to be jealous of her sweet pea. He?s a damn legend

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: 1RIG on January 30, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
This is Quincy Jones. He?s known for saying too much or being the opposite of politically correct

I don?t even necessarily agree with him 100% but he doesn?t have anything to be jealous of sdddd they asked him about her
But I agree with him 100%
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

AIDS

not Quincy damn Jones being jealous of Taylor Swift. I have seen it all :kii:

Cowboy Nine

Mel.

Ok, bitter? Is that a better word?