Spinoff: Old Scandals that Would Have Broken Social Media

Started by ssw4919, June 09, 2016, 04:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

Quote from: ssw4919 on June 09, 2016, 06:17:31 PM
Ja Rule vs. 50 Cent

Murda Inc imploding.

Tisha Campbell's sexual harassment case against Martin.  It ruined the show.

Tyra vs Queen Naomi

Luther beefing with Anita and En Vogue. :dead:

Didn't they have a messy tour together?

Separate rooms and Luther threatening to call the popo on them?  :dead:

ssw4919

Yep.  Luther was a mess.

I always hear Anita was involved in beef with one artist or another.

Lazarus

Quote from: Freeruu on June 09, 2016, 06:24:32 PM
Quote from: ssw4919 on June 09, 2016, 06:17:31 PM
Ja Rule vs. 50 Cent

Murda Inc imploding.

Tisha Campbell's sexual harassment case against Martin.  It ruined the show.

Tyra vs Queen Naomi

Luther beefing with Anita and En Vogue. :dead:

Didn't they have a messy tour together?

Separate rooms and Luther threatening to call the popo on them?  :dead:

Yup. Luther was a DIVA.  :kii:

Freemala Harris

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly that same year, Cindy spilled the beans when she told EW this:

“We’ve been having a lot of problems with Luther…our nickname for him is Lucifer.”

She also confirmed that Luther stopped talking to them, ordered that the two camps eat separately while on the road, and instructed his crew to hang drapes so he wouldn’t have to see the group backstage.

Ain’t that something?!! LOL. It doesn’t stop there though…according to the 2004 biography, Luther: The Life and Longing Of Luther Vandross by Craig Seymour: “While on tour in Miami, Luther saw that a member of En Vogue had wandered over to “his side” of the drawn curtain.

His temper hit full-tilt and he “actually” called the Miami police to demand the group be charged with trespassing.”
Luther was a trip, but we still love him anyway! LOL.

http://www.iloveoldschoolmusic.com/wait-luther-major-problems-anita-baker-en-vogue/2/

Not a damn curtain

This diva, yasss  :kii:

yummy

Quote from: Glock on June 09, 2016, 05:25:35 PM
As sick as it sounds .. I don't blame r Kelly as much as I blame her parents and her disgusting uncle :usuresis:

The way everyone just threw her out to the wolves..
Whether it had been r Kelly or any adult male ... She would've ended up wrapped in a similar scandal because of their poor guardianship

Everyone involved handled that situation poorly, and I still don't get how they let her get on the "Your Body's Callin'" remix with him

Talmbout some "boy my body's callin' you so do what you've gotta do"

no one bothered to step in and give a :rudone:

BAPHOMET.

merkaba

Why didn't anyone give a :rudone: when Rih was sucking Jay's old ass dick, guys

ssw4919

Jack Johnson winning boxing championships and runnin around with white women early 1900s. How he managed to not get lynched, I'll never know.  :diddraispoot:

Marilyn

ssw4919

JFK's sister getting a lobotomy, and then being promptly institutionalized and hidden away from the family for the rest of her life.

It was truly a sad tragedy, and shows how differently we view mental disabilities today.  Rosemary was functioning but slow, but she had violent outbursts and got rebellious once she hit puberty.  They were so afraid she would get pregnant and shame the Kennedy family name, they elected to get her a lobotomy (a new treatment at the time).  It messed her up badly.  She couldn't walk or talk, and needed constant care for the rest of her life.

GLOCK

Quote from: ANIMMAI on June 09, 2016, 06:32:54 PM
Quote from: Glock on June 09, 2016, 05:25:35 PM
As sick as it sounds .. I don't blame r Kelly as much as I blame her parents and her disgusting uncle :usuresis:

The way everyone just threw her out to the wolves..
Whether it had been r Kelly or any adult male ... She would've ended up wrapped in a similar scandal because of their poor guardianship

Everyone involved handled that situation poorly, and I still don't get how they let her get on the "Your Body's Callin'" remix with him

Talmbout some "boy my body's callin' you so do what you've gotta do"

no one bothered to step in and give a :rudone:

!!!!
It's all very weird to me
Almost unbelievable

GLOCK

Quote from: ssw4919 on June 09, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
JFK's sister getting a lobotomy, and then being promptly institutionalized and hidden away from the family for the rest of her life.

It was truly a sad tragedy, and shows how differently we view mental disabilities today.  Rosemary was functioning but slow, but she had violent outbursts and got rebellious once she hit puberty.  They were so afraid she would get pregnant and shame the Kennedy family name, they elected to get her a lobotomy (a new treatment at the time).  It messed her up badly.  She couldn't walk or talk, and needed constant care for the rest of her life.

I read this
It was truly fucking disturbing
The way they treated her and fucked her up because she was sexual and didn't wanna get married

ssw4919

The Milli Vanilli debacle.

Not them winning a Grammy using some old white dude's voice.  :plzstop:

SouravMay

I must say knowing "She's Got That Vibe" was recorded in like 1991 or 1990 and he shouts Aaliyah out is indeed a little edgy.
B7