Diddy Says MTV Wants to Bring Back 'Making the Band'

Started by Lazarus, July 08, 2019, 04:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

MTV continues to pull on the strings of our nostalgia. On Monday (July 8), Diddy took to social media to tease the possible return of Making the Band a decade after it went off the air.

Diddy was responsible for overseeing the popular talent search show after taking the reins from boy-band impresario Lou Pearlman, who led the formation of O-Town on the first iteration.

"@MTV called me about bringing it back, should I? #IWantMyMTB," Combs pondered on Twitter. The tweet actually came as a reply to Wale and Seth Rogen reminiscing about the 2000s classic back in April. Wale quickly gave his stamp of approval. "The turnover time is epic. But yes . Brother love .. we would like making the band back," Wale wrote.

Making the Band moved from ABC to MTV in 2002 and ran until October 2009, with Making His Band serving as the final season. MTB birthed several acts, including Danity Kane, Day26, Da Band and Donnie Klang.

Cowgirl

I feel like it would still be great if done the right way!

M-Rocka

I'd say bring it back, but with Da Band, Danity Kane, and Day 26. All of them under one roof. That would be real good.

Gilgamesh.

July 08, 2019, 04:41:54 PM #4 Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 04:42:43 PM by Gilgamesh.
I'd watch for enertainment value, but anyone that participates in this thinking they gon be the next big thing is an idiot.

Freemala Harris

Only if he adapts it to the times

Good nostalgia but it seems like it would be eh

1) dddddd everyone knows about Diddy's scamming ways

2) unless its a k-pop group, I don't see another american group popping off

Freemala Harris

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 08, 2019, 04:41:54 PM
I'd watch for enertainment value, but anyone that participates in this thinking they gon be the next big thing is an idiot.

!!!!!

:plzstop:

Lazarus

Quote from: Freeruu on July 08, 2019, 04:43:31 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 08, 2019, 04:41:54 PM

!!!!!

:plzstop:

yummy

Just put the old seasons on a streaming site with the original music plz

Cowgirl

Gilgamesh.

yummy

M-Rocka

Kaeli.