ANOTHER Boss move from Rihanna, now owns her Masters. Speaks on YAWNce

Started by Vonc2002, June 02, 2016, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

She spoke about what she?s saying in her hit single, ?Work,? and her ?rivalry? with Beyonc?.

QuoteRihanna has reportedly done what most business-minded artists are eager to do at some point in their careers: own the masters of their recordings. Masters are typically owned by the record label to which an artist is signed.

But Rihanna apparently made that move recently, acquiring ?the masters of all her previous albums,? Vogue reports.

During her interview with Vogue, she spoke about the fake rivalry that she says is drummed up between her and another pop icon, Beyonc?. There is no rivalry, she says, because neither woman can do, or does, what the other one does.Here?s the deal. They just get so excited to feast on something that?s negative,? Rihanna explained. ?Something that?s competitive. Something that?s, you know, a rivalry. And that?s just not what I wake up to. Because I can only do me. And nobody else is going to be able to do that.?

Regarding her hit single ?Work,? Rihanna says that it reflects her Bajan roots. Regardless of whether the communication is ?perfect,? everyone understands each other in the Caribbean, and that?s all that matters, she says.

?You get what I?m saying, but it?s not all the way perfect,? she says, ?because that?s how we speak in the Caribbean.?

She gushed over her ?Work? collaborator, Drake, saying that ?everything he does is so amazing.? The inspiration for the ?Work? video is based on the dancehall scene in the Caribbean where everyone would ?just dance and drink and smoke and flirt.?

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

LOONA.

Jon

i don't think mariah/madge own their masters and they are legends. This is smart.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Drais. on June 02, 2016, 11:30:57 PM
AP months ago   
U should have brought this up in one of your rants. I didn't know LOLZ! Do u agree that this is pretty damn BOSS, drais? Do you?
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Vonc2002

sddsssssss
Fck yall. Whether today, last week, or last month, it's still boss AF and gonna keep money in those pockets. Baph, i know ur totally consumed with that

AIDS!

Very smart
Prince and Janet own their masters, Prince actually advised Janet on doing that.
Does MJ own his?

b7

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Omg this is epic i hate to hear artists not owning theirs
Cuz thru record label changes and what not hey

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

BigDawg