how old were u wen u left tha nest

Started by Eternal Bell, December 09, 2017, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: ???? on December 09, 2017, 08:44:39 PM
A lot of black people leave the home early.
I think we should stay longer than we do (if given the chance and opportunity).
Cumulate more wealth and stability -- then move on.
It's one of the reasons I feel we never have much to pass on to each generation because we're always starting from "scratch".

I left at 18. For college, really. But I never returned. My parents want me back home still.
:dead:
Nah. Leave the nest and don?t return. The only way to gain independence. I didn?t want to be pushing 25 and still living with my mom. I wanted to live life by my rules and on my terms. You can still accumulate more wealth and stability on your own.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Rxxf

Quote from: Happily Unhappy on December 09, 2017, 11:44:48 PM
It's one of the reasons I feel we never have much to pass on to each generation because we're always starting from "scratch".

I left at 18. For college, really. But I never returned. My parents want me back home still.
Nah. Leave the nest and don?t return. The only way to gain independence. I didn?t want to be pushing 25 and still living with my mom. I wanted to live life by my rules and on my terms. You can still accumulate more wealth and stability on your own.

Trust, I understand the need and want to move out immediately.
And you can most definitely establish your own life without the need of your parents.
However, I wish more black people stayed home a bit longer (saved more $) and then left.  Possibly own a home sooner (if that's a goal) vs. renting, etc.  Stuff like that.  However, every situation is different, of course.
BRANDY

Rxxf

December 09, 2017, 11:49:46 PM #32 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:51:41 PM by ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ
And honestly, moving from your parents doesn't necessarily help you gain independence.
It depends on what living situation you end up moving into that helps you gain independence.

In some rare cases, you can also live at home (with parents) and still gain independence, given MORE responsibilities.
BRANDY

'ology

Quote from: Love. Sex. Black Magic. on December 10, 2017, 07:05:57 AM
Quote from: Happily Unhappy on December 09, 2017, 11:44:48 PM

I?m sorry but I glanced and saw pushing my mom and djdndnddndndndd
Zxxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:omgwatshappening:
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: ???? on December 09, 2017, 11:49:46 PM
And honestly, moving from your parents doesn't necessarily help you gain independence.
It depends on what living situation you end up moving into that helps you gain independence.

In some rare cases, you can also live at home (with parents) and still gain independence, given MORE responsibilities.
It does help you gain independence. Especially if you?ve taken Home Economics classes in High school, if you learn to cook at an early age, money management, etc. You can definitely learn the skills to be independent before you turn 17. Hell, you can learn by the time you?re 16. Staying under your parents roof when after you?re 16 just creates conflict in my opinion because some parents wants to keep you under their rule of thumb instead of allowing you to make your own mistakes and carve your own path in life. I?ve seen some people get comfortable and don?t leave the nest and pushing 30 and still living with their parents without any motivation to be independent on their own. From a psychological perspective it can be damaging on a person?s stability.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"