Honesty Hour: Why do you think Nicki has never gotten a #1 or a GRAMMY?

Started by XXX., September 18, 2017, 06:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedswatchin

Cody babe, you're definitely scrambling

Your opening statement spoke true to my main point. Nicki doesn't have a #1 or a Grammy and yet she's bigger than all of her female rapping counterparts. If that's true, what does a #1 and a Grammy matter?

fedswatchin

I already met your original statement (which was more of a command than a question) with a response
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:21:32 PM
Define success for a female rapper if it's not hit records and accolades?
But Nicki has both of these things. She's plaqued up and has received a plethora of awards
But why are you trying to add on "in 2017" to it? :kii:

XXX.

Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 08:02:04 PM
Cody babe, you're definitely scrambling

Your ultimate statement spoke true to my main point. Nicki doesn't have a #1 or a Grammy and yet she's bigger than all of her female rapping counterparts. If that's true, what does a #1 and a Grammy matter?

I have maintained the same stance since Page 1. 

The only scramble is you and this white girl you brought over here from ATRL to talk to me about Spotify streams for ThePinkPrint and Instagram Followers.

n

I asked a very simple question.  If hits don't matter, like your slave said, then what matters? 

And of course she's bigger than an artist that dropped her lead singer this year

Ya'll be saying shit that doesn't even mean anything!  BIGGER THAN!

:kii:

XXX.

Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 08:04:07 PM
I already met your original statement (which was more of a command than a question) with a response
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:21:32 PM
Define success for a female rapper if it's not hit records and accolades?
But Nicki has both of these things. She's plaqued up and has received a plethora of awards
But why are you trying to add on "in 2017" to it? :kii:

Because you are jumping back like 5 or 6 years when it's CLEAR we are talking about RIGHT NOW!

I know you like to live in the past, and I would too if my #1 fave's career stopped 10 years ago, but it's time to move forward.

Don't talk to me about "5 Star Chick".

fedswatchin

Onika never said hits don't matter, he said Nicki should prioritize making a good rap album over getting some big hit :ummwhat:

Onika

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:59:43 PM
Onika, why are you calling me out of my name when just yesterday you were in my PM begging me to stop being mean to you?

Stop putting on this show, sis.

And secondly, you still have not answered my question.

I asked what success is in 2017 when all your songs are flopping?  I also asked you why all the songs are flopping.

Still gonna be here waiting at this red light! <3

The only single she released as a lead artist in 2017 was No Frauds which is eligible for Gold. How exacty is that a flop? Answer that.
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

fedswatchin

Sad to see you get taken down in your own thread, but think the mess out better next time

LOONA.

It could be a number of things.

Her personality (off-putting and arrogant)
Overexposure (8000 songs on the radio at one time)
Loss of credibility (due to the pop shit she tried to do)

etc...

I think a #1 is usually a matter of circumstance though. You really need to have a strategy, especially when there's competition on the charts. Lots of songs stalled at #2 because of poor execution.

But Nicki probably just sucks tbh

:ohwow:     

fedswatchin

Quote from: OnikaChrist on September 18, 2017, 08:07:11 PM
Onika, why are you calling me out of my name when just yesterday you were in my PM begging me to stop being mean to you?

I asked what success is in 2017 when all your songs are flopping?  I also asked you why all the songs are flopping.

The only single she released as a lead artist in 2017 was No Frauds which is eligible for Gold. How exacty is that a flop? Answer that.

fedswatchin

I commend Nicki for her personality tbh. She's arrogant like a dude would be and wasn't gonna let a man walk all over her and deter her from her success. She reminds me of a lot of male rappers personality wise actually

XXX.

Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 08:06:49 PM
Onika never said hits don't matter,

This is LITERALLY why I can't take you serious in any debate.  Please stick to mindless arguing and personal insults.

There's Onika saying "Hits don't matter."

Please get some rest, love!

Your grasp for straws is getting outrageous now!

XXX.

So, we acting like "Regret In Your Tears" didn't go for radio adds, have a VEVO video release and a performance at the Billboard Awards?

:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

Don't back track, love!

fedswatchin

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 08:10:28 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 08:06:49 PM
Onika never said hits don't matter,

This is LITERALLY why I can't take you serious in any debate.  Please stick to mindless arguing and personal insults.

There's Onika saying "Hits don't matter."

Please get some rest, love!

You're grasp for straws is getting outrageous now!
*your

Like I said, he said Nicki should prioritize making a good rap album over getting some big hit. You took "hits don't matter" out of context. A fool's move :kii:

yummy

the way tal' is logging in and out of her own account and the onika one has me in tears :kii:

fedswatchin

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 08:11:48 PM

So, we acting like "Regret In Your Tears" didn't go for radio adds, have a VEVO video release and a performance at the Billboard Awards?

:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

Don't back track, love!

I'm kii'd

Your keyboard is beat the fuck down I'm sure :kii: