Brandy sings on IG (Postpones single and Apologizes to fans)

Started by yearofbrandy, March 14, 2020, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heated🔥

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on March 23, 2020, 01:59:31 AM
Completely understand if Brandy is in-quarantine right now but like Carey said, the video is already shot. Just release it and let it gain some buzz organically.

We just want to HEAR the song in its entirety at this point :uhh:
exactly.
Ppl are still streaming shit.
Who knows it could be a hit on tik tok if somebody uploads a dance challenge.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Le Champ on March 23, 2020, 09:01:04 AM
Zhmnhgjtt

I feel like they should hold off. If they release it and it tanks, they will always wonder "what if we would have waited?"
I just wish Bran was the type of artist to drop something in lieu of to hold us over. Or at least damn communicate :dead:

If she had released back in November or whenever the hell it was supposed to be we'd have at least a couple BM performances by now :stressed:

Heated🔥

Bor shut your sexy French Ass up hjknvvbj

Let's be honest and real here.
This is Brandy.
Yes she's iconic but a lot of these younger folks don't know her.

I think if they release the the song on schedule it'd actually be a good idea.

Ppl are home making dance videos and this is a bop.

Tik tok is really taking over and I think if they strategize it correctly and incorporate that the song can do amazing.

HUGO

she should have fucking released it that Friday (March 8th). It honestly would've done something by now.
Now look.

HUGO

I'm confused have they canceled streaming on all platforms? Social media is the biggest form of promo these days so I'm honestly not understanding the push back if there is. Vaughn also said it was coming the 27th.

brocka4life

Years in court fighting to be able to make music again.
Death of two of her songwriters.
Global pandemic.

I get the frustration. But this is serious stuff. And no company wants to put their money behind a project with no way of recouping. Not all fans stream. Retailers are closing or have limited hours. Most people are concerned about their health and the health of their family; they're not worried about a Brandy single or album. There are literally states that have closed their schools for the rest of the year, colleges that have closed their campuses. She drops the single now and the Coronavirus has everything locked down until the end of summer, what should she do then, A&R fans?

FRANCE

At the end of the day, we can say what we want and what Brandy should do and what could've been and what the future should now entail, but Brandy is gonna release the music when she wants to release it. Thats the reality. Brandy is also INDEPENDENT guys. She's not signed to major labels like other artists like Childish and Weeknd so we cant compare the two. I'm not even upset or disappointed cause I just knew the mess would be delayed and if it aint ocmin Fri due to corona, it wont be coming til months from now. Just receive it and move the fuck on.

1 thing we can def drag Brandy over is her poor communication with the ppl that support her. She's the absolute WORST when it comes to that.

HUGO

f

This girl would've prob pulled the same mess virus or no virus. It would've been something else

:19k:

Heated🔥

at this point just release the album with a complimentary bottle of lysol, hand sanitizer and face mask.
:letsmessfag:

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

The promo run is more about her reconnecting with radio and fans generating more interest into her project.,These DJ don't know her or play her. Meeting them and networking with them one on one will do a lot for her. Her radio support is not strong at all. I actually called the stations to request love again and had some conversations about brandy. It wasn't that hard for brandy to get a hit on Urban ac but it's gonna be more of a struggle outside of that. Yes love again hit number one by the strength of two fanbases heavily streaming the record but outside of those fans not a lot of people know about that record. 
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: LF on March 23, 2020, 09:41:37 AM
At the end of the day, we can say what we want and what Brandy should do and what could've been and what the future should now entail, but Brandy is gonna release the music when she wants to release it. Thats the reality. Brandy is also INDEPENDENT guys. She's not signed to major labels like other artists like Childish and Weeknd so we cant compare the two. I'm not even upset or disappointed cause I just knew the mess would be delayed and if it aint ocmin Fri due to corona, it wont be coming til months from now. Just receive it and move the fuck on.

1 thing we can def drag Brandy over is her poor communication with the ppl that support her. She's the absolute WORST when it comes to that.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Young

I'm sorry , but yawl gonna have to make this make some fckn SENSE:

- Love Again didn't even get as much as a video, nor televised promo or performances ; it still went #1

- Artists are still releasing their music— do you guys really think releasing a single and video (which is already done) is going to RUIN plans/sales for her album ?

- Chance is a huge name right now in music and with the current climate ; it'd be smart to have him & Bran kick off some sort of #BabyMamaChallenge on the net; the  SavageChallenge is blazing the social media game rn— we saw how viral he made the SoGoneChallenge

- She could easily engage with fans on IG live and other platforms following its release

And worse case scenario; she could atleast go on live an update the fans a bit
- but do we even think that would happen ?

I just ...

HUGO

Quote from: Young on March 23, 2020, 10:07:27 AM

- Love Again didn't even get as much as a video, nor televised promo or performances ; it still went #1

- Artists are still releasing their music— do you guys really think releasing a single and video (which is already done) is going to RUIN plans/sales for her album ?

- Chance is a huge name right now in music and with the current climate ; it'd be smart to have him & Bran kick off some sort of #BabyMamaChallenge on the net; the  SavageChallenge is blazing the social media game rn

- She could easily engage with fans on IG live and other platforms following its release

I just ...

All of this King. I'm sick of this treatment and then ppl still coddling her. And making excuses.

Harlem

If she does decide to release this Friday, her team needs to invest in marketing/advertisement dollars into digital, social, streaming and editorial placements on all major platforms... that paid for advertisement will do a cute push especially now when everyone has time... and she needs a cool social strategist to run her IG for like a month... if not though, you know what, it is what it is... This girl/her team are in they heads and if it's gonna make them feel sane to wait she needs a strong PR statement to explain... isn't Vaughn her new PR, he better get to typin...

Really wish sis was a fashion or dope artsy girl on IG b/c if she was, the combination of her image and music would not have her hesitating this much to just release the song... she feels she has to do so much more during era season b/c she lacks in other departments during her off season

Harlem

Quote from: Hugo on March 23, 2020, 10:10:42 AM
Quote from: Young on March 23, 2020, 10:07:27 AM

- Chance is a huge name right now in music and with the current climate ; it'd be smart to have him & Bran kick off some sort of #BabyMamaChallenge on the net; the  SavageChallenge is blazing the social media game rn

I just ...

All of this King. I'm sick of this treatment and then ppl still coddling her. And making excuses.