Brandy sings on IG (Postpones single and Apologizes to fans)

Started by yearofbrandy, March 14, 2020, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Champ

Can y'all NOT act like the girl made the decision two weeks ago to cancel? Kipp literally said the final decision was happening this week and it's damn WEDNESDAY. :dead:
I know Bran has put us through the RINGER but give her a break with this one :dead:

Monika

Yahudah

Sovereign.

Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 07:18:33 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on March 25, 2020, 07:08:48 PM
My biggest issue was lack of communication and she's shut me up. So I'm good now!

what else is going on?

I still think making an announcement 36 hours before the single release date is kinda wack. But I digress.

still!

Lil boy if you don't GONE!

4ever_A.jamal

Quote from: Le Champ on March 25, 2020, 08:47:48 PM
Can y'all NOT act like the girl made the decision two weeks ago to cancel? Kipp literally said the final decision was happening this week and it's damn WEDNESDAY. :dead:
I know Bran has put us through the RINGER but give her a break with this one :dead:

Granted she is not responsible for those of us who choose to play inspector gadget and read into every lil thing....but who can blame us when there isn't a lot of communication. But honestly many ppl knew something was up when she removed the date from her IG bio. Which in a way turned out to be another cryptic puzzle piece to the final solution. She could have expressed something then instead of letting the bio speak for her. Still love her to death ❤️❤️

Le Champ

Quote from: 4ever_A.jamal on March 25, 2020, 09:06:20 PM

Granted she is not responsible for those of us who choose to play inspector gadget and read into every lil thing....but who can blame us when there isn't a lot of communication. But honestly many ppl knew something was up when she removed the date from her IG bio. Which in a way turned out to be another cryptic puzzle piece to the final solution. She could have expressed something then instead of letting the bio speak for her. Still love her to death ❤️❤️

Why speak about something that wasn't confirmed?
Y'all kill me 🥴

FRANCE

Right. She removed the date so she knew at that time the chances were unlikely. Even Kip didn't say shit when this thread was created cause he knew deep down too. And if she wasnt gonna say anything prematurely because she was clinging on to hope that it would be released (which is totally understandable), plan something ahead of time to do for your fans. A push back doesnt have to mean a set back. Use the time now to start building momentum with ur fanbase and get on insta and perhaps do a IG Live Q&A or something and talk about ur upcoming album. Give us something is all I'm saying instead of an announcement and an upcoming disappearance. I'm all for the push back, but dont leave ur fans hanging AGAIN without giving us something is all.

BrandyFromTheFuture

Hopefully we'll have the single by September & the album in December.

FRANCE

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on March 25, 2020, 09:17:57 PM

Well damn. Not next winter. Geesh!

4ever_A.jamal

Quote from: Le Champ on March 25, 2020, 09:07:38 PM

Why speak about something that wasn't confirmed?
Y'all kill me 🥴

Don't die. My point was that a history of non communication is what has led many to feel how they do. And I'm making that argument that PERHAPS it was confirmed as evidenced by her removing the date from her IG bio, a date that was CONFIRMED

FRANCE

Quote from: KippDaddy on March 25, 2020, 09:20:16 PM
Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 09:19:52 PM

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Uh oh

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: KippDaddy on March 25, 2020, 09:20:16 PM
Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 09:19:52 PM

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
hurry up corona, we need new brandy asap

b7

Quote from: BRockaBaby on March 25, 2020, 07:36:56 PM
Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 07:18:33 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on March 25, 2020, 07:08:48 PM
My biggest issue was lack of communication and she's shut me up. So I'm good now!

what else is going on?

I still think making an announcement 36 hours before the single release date is kinda wack. But I digress.

Understandable. But a part of me feels like this was a tough decision for her and her team. Who knows if a Bran was fighting to keep the release on Friday. She may not have wanted to push it back hence why she didn't say anything.

Now yes she took the date out of her bio but she may have only done that because she knew Friday was in jeopardy. But mama may have been fighting.

Either way this is a huge improvement for a bran. Not only did she let us know but she got straight to the shit. No cryptic messages where we are having to dig around to solve the riddle.

I use....
!!!! And i don't think she wanted to

If she reaaally wanted to, i have a feeling she wouldn't have even addressed this. I know artists should do this anyway and this like the bare minimum for a lot of you, but this made me feel a lot better, personally.

Still disappointed and don't expect everyone to give her a standing ovation for this but i get it and I'm chill about it

4ever_A.jamal

With Corona dictating the timeline, there's no use in even speculating on a release date  :letsmessfag:

Some estimates say it could be as late as August before things improve. By then I feel like it would be like starting over planning wise and vying for a lot of competing media slots.

Only time will tell.