HONESTY HOUR: Brandy's Current Music Career

Started by MAY, November 25, 2015, 04:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDawg

But she clearly has a different focus now...so getting on twitter and saying an EP will be dropped next week and ten months later aint shit poppin, is late and clearly pisses people off.

MAY

Quote from: FOHWTBS on November 25, 2015, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on November 25, 2015, 04:31:12 PM
Quote from: FOHWTBS on November 25, 2015, 04:29:28 PM
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on November 25, 2015, 04:25:55 PM
Quote from: FOHWTBS on November 25, 2015, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: LISlikeliquor on November 25, 2015, 04:19:21 PM
the mya stan always makes me scream for some reason

:uhh:

I'm not going sit up here and vent like the rest of y'all. It ain't going to accomplish anything. Just another thread full of angry stans upset because once again Brandy fail to deliver on her promise.

So why not give praise a bit ?

No shade, but why are you in here then luv? To let us know that you're not here to vent?

I mean...

In your introduction did it or did it not say give praise as well if you want to. I chose to give praise to her career. Instead of being a bitter Betty and Debbie downer.

Then go ahead and praise luv. You don't have to come at the rest of us for venting.

My bad if it seem I was coming at y'all. I really wasn't. Just speaking in general tbqh.

It's ok bby :wub:

tigernathan

BORderline

November 25, 2015, 04:37:14 PM #79 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:40:08 PM by MrMoon
I dont think she'll go indie.

She had the choice to do it in 2008, in 2012 or even now... If Brandy wanted to release some music independently she would... I mean she heard that ColdPlay song on the radio, punched to the studio, recorded it and posted it.

The fact that Jeff is managing her means more to me... If she was really done with music I dont think she would work with him.

Lazarus

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on November 25, 2015, 04:36:22 PM
Quote from: FOHWTBS on November 25, 2015, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on November 25, 2015, 04:31:12 PM
Quote from: FOHWTBS on November 25, 2015, 04:29:28 PM
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on November 25, 2015, 04:25:55 PM
Quote from: FOHWTBS on November 25, 2015, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: LISlikeliquor on November 25, 2015, 04:19:21 PM
the mya stan always makes me scream for some reason

:uhh:

I'm not going sit up here and vent like the rest of y'all. It ain't going to accomplish anything. Just another thread full of angry stans upset because once again Brandy fail to deliver on her promise.

So why not give praise a bit ?

No shade, but why are you in here then luv? To let us know that you're not here to vent?

I mean...

In your introduction did it or did it not say give praise as well if you want to. I chose to give praise to her career. Instead of being a bitter Betty and Debbie downer.

Then go ahead and praise luv. You don't have to come at the rest of us for venting.

My bad if it seem I was coming at y'all. I really wasn't. Just speaking in general tbqh.

It's ok bby :wub:

:wub:

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: BigDawg on November 25, 2015, 04:34:05 PM
Quote from: Nicholas_Styles on November 25, 2015, 04:32:10 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on November 25, 2015, 04:23:40 PM
I think that is the problem, given social media and how accessible things are now...fans now expect things to come at a more rapid pace or atleast when the artist puts something out there.

Before social media...you didnt know shit until that single hit the radio

she needs to keep up with the times though

I agree, but I think the best practice for her moving forward is to not give any details until it is 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, confirmed.

see but she hasnt even said that.  HOw hard is it to say " Yew KNOW starz.. i have messed up in the past with release dates #summer2014 and now the EP.  I dont wanna say anything unless i know for sure.  When i know you'll know OK?!?! YASSSSS  something but she has let things past and dont explain why

yummy

Quote from: Nicholas_Styles on November 25, 2015, 04:31:36 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on November 25, 2015, 04:21:16 PM
gggg are you guys really that excited over zoe moon?

the previews look kinda blah.

i wanted a darker type show scandal type.. something where she can show her acting chops ugh

Yeah, I was hoping more dramedy, less sitcom. Something in the vein of Being Mary Jane.

I know she can pull off drama better than Gabrielle's wooden ass.

Bentley!

November 25, 2015, 04:40:22 PM #83 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:40:49 PM by Bentley!
ssss
The issue is Brandy is only 36 but been in 21 years. So we see her in her prime, her voice is epic, she looks amazing

But inside sis is prolly like ... "I'm fuckn tired :plzstop:"

And I'm tired of " new direction! New me! New producers! New sounds!"

Gorl no :dead:
Just take 10 years from music, do a comeback alberm and then just live Brandy :dead:

JRocka

Quote from: FOHWTBS on November 25, 2015, 04:07:22 PM
She has had a wonderful music career. Not many will ever see the success she had during her run. She's forever in Billboard's history with The Boy Is Mine. It gets no better than that. Countless awards and accolades. What more can 1 ask for ?

!!! besides the music climate has change and she still is holding it down in this fickle industry. Plus she still have her supporters and that's all that matters.

MAY

I'm always anxious about new music from Brandy, but this time around I was a lot more patient until the EP got announced. That's when the excitement started. When that didn't manifest it sent me into fumes because it got me into new music mode for no reason.

If it wasn't for that I would probably still be on chill mode.

Zankou.

Lazarus

Quote from: LiBra on November 25, 2015, 04:40:23 PM
Quote from: FOHWTBS on November 25, 2015, 04:07:22 PM
She has had a wonderful music career. Not many will ever see the success she had during her run. She's forever in Billboard's history with The Boy Is Mine. It gets no better than that. Countless awards and accolades. What more can 1 ask for ?

!!! besides the music climate has change and she still is holding it down in this fickle industry. Plus she still have her supporters and that's all that matters.

Right. The industry has changed drastically.  Brandy needs to be more than just an artist when doing music now. That's why I suggested the indie route. Major labels are only good for two things nowaday pushing your song at radio and getting your album out in stores. Everything else an artist can do them self. 

Bentley!

ssss

Yes 10 years

Cause the more we keep pushing sis to give mess like 2-11 it becomes a race to keep up instead of pave the way

I don't honestly feel like Put It Down or What You Need was Brandy at all :dead:

Ppl get to her and get in her head and it's a wrap :dead:

Like honestly guys what artist in HISTORY doesn't perform the songs from over half their albums at least once, or even acknowledge them tbh :kii:

No ma'am. Just take a break Brandy. Away from the yes men. You deserve it.